We believe that baptism is an outward representation of a person's faith in Jesus Christ.
The meaning of baptism
Baptism symbolizes an individual's identification with God, Christ, and his people. The new relationship is based on God's grace through one's faith in Christ's finished work on the cross. (Acts 8:26-40; Acts 9:18)
The purpose of baptism
Baptism is a one-time act that gives a person the opportunity to publicly confess to that individual's community (his or her family, friends, and the church body) that he/she has received Christ as the forgiver of his/her sins and the leader of his/her life.
- People do not get baptized to have their sins forgiven. They get baptized because their sins have been forgiven through Christ’s death and resurrection.
- People do not get baptized to get closer to God. They get baptized because they are already close to God through faith in Christ.
- People do not get baptized to please God. They get baptized because Jesus Christ has already made them pleasing to God.
- People do not get baptized merely to become members of the church. They get baptized because they are already members of the invisible church, the universal body of Christ which is made up of people who have put their faith in Christ as their forgiver and leader.
Have you ever been so excited about something that you just had to tell someone about it? Making a commitment to accept Jesus as your Savior is a pretty exciting event that is definitely worth talking about and celebrating. Believer’s Baptism is a picture of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and an opportunity to express to others that you identify yourself as His follower. If you have never been baptized before, or if you were previously baptized as a baby, consider taking this next step in your faith journey.
Interested in Being Baptized?
Summer Baptism Celebration
- Our campuses will celebrate baptism together August 5 at the Quakertown Campus.
- Applications are being accepted now and are due by July 1.
- Videotaping will take place July 18, 4:30-7:00pm at the Souderton Campus for candidates who would like to participate.
- Check out our video from last year's outdoor baptism above!
If you would like more information about baptism at Calvary, please contact Cindy MacNeill. If you are ready to be baptized, please fill out the Baptism Request Form so that we can learn more about you and your story.
Watch a Few of Our Recent Baptism Stories
For more, head to our Vimeo page!