Since the Pentecost, those who identified themselves with Christ have participated in a church. There is the Universal Church and the Local Church. Membership is for the purpose of public identification with and accountability to a community of believers.
- Includes dead and alive in Christ
- Only one universal Church
- Includes only believers
- Christ is the head
- Includes only the living
- Many different local churches
- Includes believers and unbelievers
- Various types of governance
Membership at Calvary is not about being part of a list or a participant in church governance. It's about being an active member of a thriving community! Those who wish to pursue membership at Calvary must fulfill the following requirements:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ, by faith in him alone for salvation
- Baptism as a believer in Jesus Christ
- Wholehearted endorsement of the Statement of Faith of Calvary Church
- Commitment to support this church and its ministries through the giving of one’s time, talents, and treasures
- Commitment to the philosophy of Calvary Church and a pledge of cooperation to those in leadership
- Age 18 or older
- Regular attendance at Calvary Church for one year
- Completion of the Discovering Series
- Signed Membership Covenant stating the agreement to be bound by the current Calvary Church Constitution
- Participation in an interview with members of Calvary’s leadership
- Approval by the Elder Board
- Commitment to notify Calvary if no longer attending
Upon completion of Calvary’s membership process, candidates are officially received and celebrated as members at our New Members’ Luncheon.
Ready to pursue membership at Calvary?
If you're ready to take the next step toward membership at Calvary, then mark your calendar for the next Discovering Series! The Discovering Series is designed to help those who are new to Calvary learn more about our church, connect with other attendees, and grow in their walk with Christ. .
For more information or to register, contact Cindy MacNeill.