Congregational Meeting and Q/A Sessions for Anders Property Purchase
Voting on the purchase of an adjacent property at Anders Carpets by our Souderton campus will be held Sunday, August 26 during both services. Q/A sessions will be held Sunday, August 19 after each service in Room 303/Souderton and the Library/Quakertown.
Contact Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org for info on absentee ballots. Written requests are due in the church office by Friday, August 24.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Final Campfire Prayer Night of the Summer: Don't miss this fun night of song, prayer, and food August 19 at 6:30pm behind the school.
- Grow by Serving! What better way to grow than by joining a volunteer team at Quakertown? We have something for everyone! Contact Jen to get more info.
- Part-Time Weekend Campus Services Position: The job involves room set-up and tear-down (requires heavy lifting), general cleanup, building security and attention to detail. Contact Erik for more info.
- Office Hours: Need to talk with a pastor? Contact Carlos to set up a time to meet at CCQ.
- Calvary Kids, Students, and Bridge Disability Ministries meet Sunday mornings. Visit our website page for more details.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!
CCQ = Calvary Church Quakertown
CCS = Calvary Church Souderton
CHS = Calvary High School gathering
CMS = Calvary Middle School gathering
Souderton Campus Note
The building will close at 6:00pm August 19.
Work at Calvary!
- Mr. B's Day Shift: Available Tuesday to Friday 10:00am - 3:30pm? We have several openings available at the coffeehouse!
- Campus Services at CCS & CCQ: (2) Bi-Weekly Sunday positions (one evening at Souderton and one morning at Quakertown.) The jobs involve room set-up and tear-down (requires heavy lifting), general cleanup, building security and attention to detail.
- Contact Erik for more info and job applications.
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on Kids events.
Family Fusion/The Zone Auditions
Come bring your creative talents and volunteer in Family Fusion and Zone! ContactJoyce to sign up and get additional information.
- Singers: Sunday, August 19, 12:00-1:00pm (grade 5+)
- Dancers: Tuesday, September 9, 7:00-8:00pm (grade 5 +)
Exciting New Programs for Kids Wednesday Nights!
- Children ages 3-Kindergarten can attend Calvary Kids Playhouse and sing, make crafts, play, and learn about God's love for them. Registration is not required.
- Children grades 1-5 can register for a whole new experience at Calvary Kids Clubhouse with activities like karate, theater, art, and more! Registration is required and runs through September 5.
- Playhouse and Clubhouse begin Sep. 12. Get all the details at on the website!
Step-up Sunday Coming August 26!
CCS: All Early Childhood and Elementary Sunday school classes, along with Family Fusion and The ZONE, will step up to their new classes. New 6th graders will join Calvary Students Middle School Mornings at 9:00am in the Refinery/Door 7.
CCQ: All Elementary Sunday school classes will step up Sunday, August 26. New 6th graders will join Calvary Middle School (CMS) which meets at 10:30am in the Student Room. *Note this change from last year's meeting time.
Visit our website for weekly schedules at both campuses and more info on Student events.
- Sunday night CHS will return August 26 at 6:30pm in the Refinery/CCS. New 9th graders will join CHS at this time.
- Wednesday night Souderton CMS will return August 29 at 7:00pm in the Refinery/CCS. Grades 6-8 are welcome to attend.
- NEW for Quakertown Middle schoolers! Quakertown's own CMS will launch August 26 at 10:30am in the Student Room/CCQ. This will take the place of Middle School Mornings. Grades 6-8 are welcome to attend. Contact Leah for more info.
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and special events.
- Fall programming resumes: Link - September 19; Connect - September 26.
- Training for all Wednesday night volunteers, September 12, 7:00-8:00pm, Room 214/CCS
- Respite events resume: CCQ – October 7; CCS – September 28
- Training for Respite volunteers, September 9,12:00-1:00pm in Room 214/CCS. This training is required in order to serve at our Respite Events. Contact Lori at email@example.com or Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Respite at CCQ and CCS: Are you a primary caregiver of a special-needs child ages 3–14? Could you use a break knowing that your child is enjoying a variety of fun activities supervised by a caring and trained staff? For an interview, contact CCQ/Marie at email@example.com or for CCS/Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with others at Calvary by volunteering! Visit calvary-church.com/volunteer or stop by the HUB desk Sunday morning for more info on teams you can join.
Early Bird Gets the Worm in Calvary Kids
Don’t wait ‘til fall arrives to sign up for a spot with Calvary Kids! Small groups leaders, teachers, and Wednesday night helpers are some of the roles waiting for you to snatch them up. Visit calvary-church.com/kids to complete an application or contact Jen at email@example.com for CCQ and Dawn firstname.lastname@example.org for CCS.
Bridge Disability Ministry Volunteering
- Respite Events: Would you like to give a family affected by disability a much needed break? We'll train you to join our team! For CCQ, contact Marie email@example.com. For CCS, contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Openings for Wednesday and Sunday at CCQ and CCS: Teens, are you looking for a place to serve? Interested in being a teacher, occupational therapist, or physical therapist in the future? Bridge would be a great place for you to get experience and have a great time. Contact Lori at email@example.com.
Sunday Morning Tech at Both Campuses
Love to work with technology? We have roles in all tech areas including camera operators, producers, audio assistants, and we'll train for all of them! Contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
Divorce Care Kids & Teens Programs
Work with children in Divorce Care for Kids and our Teen program who are going through the process of their parents' separation or divorce. Contact Gwen for more info at email@example.com.
See the Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- 2-1 Premarital Session begins September 9; visit the website for more info.
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS): *On break for August
- Living Room Tuesdays (at CCS): 7:00pm in The Cafe/CCS
Visit the website for more info on women's ministry groups including the JAM 2018-2019 season and Tuesday Morning Women's Bible Studies.
She Leads Women's Conference
Saturday, September 29 at First Baptist Church in Allentown
Register at moreofhimministries.org or call 610.216.2730.
Visit the website for more info on men's ministry groups including Bible studies, sports teams, and retreats.
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
SALT will return in September. For details, contact Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPORTS & REC
For information on sports teams that meet at Calvary including volleyball, basketball, softball, golf, and more, visit calvary-church.com/sports-recreation.
- GriefShare - Fall session begins September 5, 7:00–8:30pm in Room 218/CCS; to register, call BuxMont Counseling at 215.703.8926 x613.
- Divorce Care - Summer Meeting: Thursday, August 16; 7:00pm–8:30pm in Room 300/CCS; There will be Bible study, prayer, and discussion. ContactGwen Prichard for info.
- Divorce Care Fall Session: begins September 6. Contact Gwen at email@example.com to register.
- More Support Groups - Check out our Care Page for more info.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Our team of highly-skilled counselors is available to help guide you through life’s challenges in a confidential and Biblically-centered setting. Visit our website atbuxmontcounseling.com or call 215.703.8926 to learn more.
Life on Life Training
Starting Wednesday, September 12; 7:00-8:00pm in Room 303/CCS
Life happens! But God didn’t intend for us to walk alone. Join us for this practical 10-week study on following Jesus’s command to love one another, walk together and grow in our faith. Books provided at a cost of $15. For info, contact Emery firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pregnancy Resource Clinic Walk
Saturday, September 29 at Franconia Community Park
Support the Pregnancy Resource Clinic of North Penn. Breakfast/registration starts at 9:00am. Walk begins at 10:00am. Register at prcnorthpenn.org.
Welcome to Calvary Gathering at CCS
Sunday, September 9 after both services
Know anyone who has visited Calvary recently or have been coming for a while and wants to take the next step? Let them know about this casual gathering where they can mingle with staff and other attenders, gather ministry information, and take a tour!
Discovering Calvary 4-Part Series at CCS
Sundays, Sept. 23, Sept. 30, Oct. 7, and Oct. 14; 9:00am in Room 218
This series of classes introduces you to Calvary Church from 4 perspectives (Life at Calvary, Transformational, Missional, and Relational Living) and is great for those who are new to Calvary and want to know what we are all about. The classes are also required for membership. Contact Cindy for more info. Register at calvary-church.com/discovering.