Kick off the New Year at Calvary!
New year means new season of ministry starting soon at Calvary! Check out the list of January start dates and join us as we get back in a ministry groove at Calvary.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Resolved to Start Serving? Contact Jen for info on all the many teams where you can connect and fit in!
- New Year is the Time to Join a Home Group: Contact Wayne for details.
- Office Hours: Need to talk with a pastor? Contact Carlos to set up a time to meet at CCQ.
- Calvary Kids, Students, and Bridge Disability Ministries meet Sunday mornings. Visit our website page for more details.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!
New Year Travel Reminder
Please note that the small bridge at the intersection of Route 113 and Keystone Drive will be closed for repairs beginning January 2 and is anticipated to be closed for at least 10 weeks. Detour signs will mark an alternate route for those coming from the Silverdale/Hilltown/Dublin areas. Those coming from Route 309/Bethlehem Pike (Route 113 South) will still be able to enter Calvary from either 113 entrance. The Bethlehem Pike entrance at Central Avenue (across from the Home Depot plaza) will remain unaffected. Please note that the Silverdale Entrance will be closed during the week and Saturdays to prevent tractor trailers from becoming stuck in our lower lot.
For info on weather-related schedule changes, visit our website or call the office at 215.723.0963.
Work at Calvary
We have an immediate weekend opening on our Souderton Campus Services team. Visit calvary-church.com/team for more info.
Paper Recycling Changes
Due to changes in the paper recycling industry, Calvary will no longer have paper recycling bins on the church property. Please consider other options for recycling your paper. Thank you!
Boxes for those who have an envelope number are available in the atrium at the back wall of the auditorium at CCS and at the Hub at CCQ. If you would like envelopes, contact Deb Barlow. To get an end-of-the-year statement from Calvary, you must use a numbered envelope. Another option is to use electronic funds transfer for your contributions.
Please pick up your complimentary directory (CCS - table next to the Library; CCQ - atrium table) If you take more than one, please place a $1.00 donation in the box. As a reminder, the directory is only for use by members of the church family exclusively and should not be used as a mailing list or for solicitation purposes.
End of Year Statements
Statements will be sent out the fourth week of January to the head of household email address. For a mailed copy, contact Sandy at email@example.com. If you have changed your email address recently and we don’t have the correct one, please contact Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org or x111 with your correct email address.
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Kids highlights.
- Family Fusion at CCS: where kids bring their parents to church! Jan. 7 & 21
- Wednesday Night Kids Clubs at CCS: on break til January 17; Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress Grades 1-5 plus children's programming for 3-5 year old
Save the Date for KidFest
July 10-12, 2018
It sounds too early, but it will be here before you know it! Mark your calendars now!
Visit our website for weekly schedules at both campuses and more info on these Student highlights.
- Sunday Morning Middle School at both campuses: for Grades 6-8
- Sunday night CHS for all campus Grades 9-12; on break, returning Jan. 14
- Wednesday night CMS for all campus Grades 6-8; on break, returning Jan. 17
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and special event info
Parents! Register Your Students For Winter Retreats
CHS Elevate Retreat: January 19-21; register through January 12
CMS Polar Bear Retreat: February 2-4; register through January 26
Registration and details at calvary-church.com/students-retreats.
Unveiled Conference 2018
This weekend conference for girls (12-18) and the significant women in their lives is returning to Calvary March 9-10, 2018.
- Tickets are available at unveiledconference.com. Early Bird ticket sales will end January 15.
- Volunteers, join us as we seek to provide a unique experience that celebrates the power of story, truth, and relationships. We will be in the atrium starting Feb. 4 or you can sign up at unveiled.com on the FAQ page.
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Bridge highlights.
- Sunday morning Venture at both campuses
- Combined Wednesday night Connect & Link: January 3 from 6:30—8:30pm in Room 214 – Parents are invited to enjoy refreshments and a time of connecting with one another in the Living Room during the event.
- Respite Night for parents of children (ages 5—14); next night is Jan. 19
- Volunteer with Bridge! Teachers, assistants, buddies, greeters, hall monitors, and more! Visit calvary-church.com/bridge for details.
- Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS & Respite and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ
HOME FIELD MARRIAGE & FAMILY
Blended Family Workshops
Thursdays, January 25-March 1; 7:00pm in Room 303/CCS
Blended family? Thinking of creating a blended family? Join us as we discuss topics that greatly impact step-families. To register, please contact Deb at x111 or email@example.com.
Family Life Weekend
February 16-18, Hershey Lodge
God’s perfect plan can help improve any marriage. This popular weekend fills quickly, so register at www.familylife.com/weekend using the group name “calvarychurchpennsylvania” for a reduced rate.
Want to connect with others at Calvary or give back by volunteering? There are plenty of teams to join! Visit calvary-church.com/volunteer or stop by the HUB desk Sunday morning for more info.
Snow Team at Souderton
We need lots of help on the Snow Removal Team to clear off sidewalks and parking lots during the winter season. Contact Donna Brown or Sandra Stout if you can help.
Souderton Seat Rack Team
The Souderton Seat Rack Team restocks the auditorium seat racks with pens, Bibles, and other resources. Schedule is 2x per month Monday evenings or Saturday mornings. For more information, contact Holly Post at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS): 10:30am/Room 301; studying The Book of Galatians
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS): 10:30am/Refinery, second Sundays
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS): 7:00pm in the Living Room; Service Project January 23, 7:00pm; meet in the Refinery parking lot/CCS to carpool.
Schedule Changes for Young Adults
January 2 & 30 - No Living Room Tuesdays
Visit the website for more info on these women's ministry groups.
- Tuesday Bible Studies; starts again Feb. 6
- Just Among Moms (JAM); meets one Friday morning per month; for moms of young children; next is Jan. 12
- Ladies' Craft Night; meets one Friday night per month; next is Jan. 5
- Sewing/Quilting & Prayer Shawl Ministry; meets 2nd Wednesday each month; next is Jan. 10
Visit the website for more info on men's ministry groups.
- Monday and Friday Bible Studies
- Recreation and Sports
2018 Men's Breakfast Bowl Featuring Jim Kelly
Saturday, January 27
Breakfast and lunch sessions offered; for ticket availability, call the main office. In addition to attenders, we need volunteers! Sign up at calvary-church.com/men starting January 7.
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
next meeting is January 20 with discussion on finance, budgeting, & taxes
Meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered environment. For details, contact Sandy Egolf or visit calvary-church.com/singles.
SPORTS & REC
For information on sports teams that meet at Calvary including volleyball, basketball, softball, golf, and more, visit calvary-church.com/sports-recreation.
- GriefShare - Beginning Jan. 10; contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
- Post Abortion Healing Group - Beginning Feb. 12; contact Cindy at 215.703.8926
- Divorce Care - Beginning March 1. Contact Gwen Prichard for info.
- More Support Groups - Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Money Made Easy
Monday evenings beginning January 8; 7:00-8:00pm; Room 301/CCS
This four week class on personal finances just might be for you! Visit calvary-church.com/support-groups for details and to register for the class.
When Someone You Love Has an Addiction
Tuesday, January 16, 7:00-8:30pm/Heritage Hall at CCS
In response to the impact that addiction has on our communities, we are hosting a Livengrin Panel discussion on communication strategies for families dealing with addiction. It’s free and open to everyone – come and join the conversation.
Freed Family Memorial Blood Drive
January 4, 2018, 2:00-7:00pm/Room 301 at CCS
Give blood. Save lives. Please register at redcrossbloood.org and enter sponsor code: freed or email Marissa Wireman at email@example.com.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Life on Life Training Sessions
Starting Wednesday, January 10
7:00-8:00pm in Room 303/CCS
Join us for this practical 8-week study on bringing Christ’s love to people when they need it most. Books will be provided at a cost of $15. Contact Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Tim Hawkins Comedy Show
Two shows: Saturday, March 3, 4:00and 7:00pm at CCS
Invite your friends and join us for this event; it's a great opportunity to have a night of laughter and connect with others. Tickets are available at the links below.
Make a difference in the lives of those impacted by human trafficking.
- National Human Trafficking Awareness Day: Thursday, January 11 in Heritage Hall/CCS at 7:00pm for an informational evening. Parental discretion advised.
- Save the Date: Sporting Clays Fundraiser Friday, June 15.
- For more info, contact LuAnn at email@example.com.
Rise Against Hunger Update
Remember all those meals we packed in November? A shipping container holding 285,120 meals has been sent to Haiti through our partner, Cross International, to help feed food-impoverished children and families.
Sunday, January 7/CCS; Sunday, January 14/CCQ
Meet us after our 9:00 or 10:30am services in the Next Steps/Info HUB area in the atrium at our Souderton campus or the Library at Quakertown. This informal gathering is for those who have visited Calvary recently or have been coming for a while and want to take the next step.
Baptism Applications Due January 14
February 11 is a great day to be baptized as a believer at CCS and CCQ. Are you ready to share that you are a follower of Jesus? Download an application at calvary-church.com/baptism or pick one up in the Next Steps area!
Discovering Series at Both Campuses
Beginning in January
Want to get connected or become a member? Consider attending this series where you can learn what Calvary believes. You will meet others and discover opportunities to connect and serve. Contact Cindy at 215.723.0963 x113 or register at calvary-church.com/discovering.
- Souderton will begin a new series Sunday, January 21 that will run for four consecutive Sunday mornings at 9:00am in Room 303.
- Quakertown will offer a Saturday Seminar January 20 from 8:30am-12:30pm. All 4 classes will be included in the seminar and breakfast is included.