Calvary is working with our local mission partner, Hands-in-Service, to support those affected by the recent hurricanes.
- To see the expanded list of items being collected, visit our website.
- At Souderton, drop off items at Door 2 throughout the week.
- At Quakertown, drop off items Sunday morning in the atrium or during the week at the school office.
- Please share this info with local family and friends who may also want to contribute.
For monetary donations, mark your envelope "hurricane relief" or drop it off at the HUB. Online donations can be made at calvary-church.com/give.
For details on a work trip to Houston planned for December, see the OUTREACH section below.
In The Know
- Celebrate National Coffee Day at Mr. B's! Friday, Sept. 29 Mr. B's Coffeehouse will be giving out FREE 16 oz. iced or hot coffee that day. Stop by and see us!
- Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a friend that does? Calvary is having an audition day for our music teams Sunday, October 8, beginning at 6:00pm in the CCS auditorium. Register at calvary-church.com/audition-day and share the info with others!
- Volunteer This Fall: Sign up for one of the many teams that makes Fall Ministry happen at Calvary! Parking & Valet::Calvary Kids::Calvary Students::Bridge Disability::Tech & Music::Quakertown Set up/Tear down::Weekday Roles and more!
- Work at Calvary: Mr. B's and Souderton Campus Services have part-time openings on their teams. For more info or to submit your resume, contact Erik Scardino.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- FreeFall in Quakertown was a great success this weekend with an estimated 800+ in attendance. Free food, inflatables, and sports made for a fun family event. Thank you to the many volunteers who came out to support the Quakertown community!
- Volunteer teams are ready to welcome you. Stretch your serving muscles and contact Jen Studt for info on teams that you can join.
- Calvary Kids, Students, and Bridge Disability Ministries meet Sunday mornings. Visit our website page for more details.
- Home Groups: Contact Wayne Nguyen to get info on joining.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Kids highlights.
- Family Fusion at CCS: Oct. 1 & 15 at 10:30am in the FX Factory; where kids bring their parents to church!
- Wednesday Night Kids Clubs: Hosted at CCS; Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress Grades 1-5 plus children's programming for 3-5 year olds
- Fall Child Dedication: Sunday, October 29 at both campuses; if you’re interested in being part of this special time, contact Lauren Bizette.
Volunteer with Calvary Kids!
Ready to join our great team of volunteers who make Sunday mornings happen for our kids and families? We still have plenty of room for more helpers! Contact Dawn Dant or stop by the NextSteps desk to sign up.
Family Fusion Potluck
Sunday, October 15, 12:00pm in Room 307/CCS; Details and sign up are on the website!
Operation Christmas Child: Shoe Box Project Is Starting Soon!
Collection runs Sunday, October 15 through noon Sunday, November 19 at both campuses. For packing ideas, visit www.samaritanspurse.org.
Visit our website for weekly schedules at both campuses and more info on these Student highlights.
- Sunday Morning Middle School at both campuses: for Grades 6-8
- Sunday night CHS for all campus Grades 9-12
- Wednesday night CMS for all campus Grades 6-8
- Small Group Sign-up: Grades 6-12; get connected with others your age!
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and special event info.
CCS: Open House Breakfast for Middle School Parents and Students
Sunday, October 8, 9:00 am in the Refinery/Door 7
CCQ: Open House Lunch for Middle School Parents and Students
Sunday, October 22, 12:00 pm in the Library
Parents, meet the awesome volunteers that are working with your middle school students!
Upcoming Student Events: Mark Your Calendars!
November 10: Marshmallow Mayhem/CCS
March 9 & 10: Unveiled Conference for Young Women/CCS
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Bridge highlights.
- Sunday morning Venture at both campuses
- Wednesday night Connect (ages 22-35) this week at CCS
- Next Bridge Respite Night for Parents of Special-Needs Children (ages 5—14) is October 20 at CCS.
- Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS & Respite and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ.
See the full Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS)
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS)
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS)
Living Room Tuesdays: Service Project
Tuesday, Sep. 26, 7:00pm; meet in the Refinery parking lot to carpool from CCS
We’ll serve at Hands In Service in Warrington and grab some food after.
Volunteering at Calvary
Want to connect with others at Calvary or give back by volunteering? There are plenty of teams to join! Visit calvary-church.com/volunteer or stop by the HUB desk Sunday morning for more info.
Just Among Moms (JAM) - for moms of young children
Next monthly meeting is October 6. Get more info at calvary-church.com/women.
Sewing/Quilting and Prayer Shawl Ministry & Ladies' Craft Night
Visit the website for more info on these monthly gatherings.
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
Meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered environment. For details, contact Sandy Egolf.
- Haycock Oct 20-22: Visit www.haycock.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
- Spruce Lake Nov 10-12: Visit calvary-church.com/men for info.
Men and Women's Bible Study info is listed in the "Grow" section below.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
American Red Cross Blood Drive
Friday, October 6, 1:30–6:30pm in the Gym/CCS
Sign up online at redcrossblood.org with sponsor code: calvary. For more information, please contact Linda Raneri or Kathy Mulloy.
Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30pm; Room 218/CCS
For info, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
Thursdays from 7:00–8:30pm; Room 302/CCS
Contact Gwen Prichard for more info.
More Support Groups
Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Upcoming Outreach Partner Run/Walk Benefits
- Saturday, September 30 at CCS for the Worthwhile Wear 5K Run for Freedom. More info at worthwhilewear.org/pages/events.
- Saturday, September 30 to Franconia Community Park for the Pregnancy Resource Clinic Walk in the Light. More info at www.supportlifeprc.org.
Montgomery Township Autumn Festival - Volunteer and Represent!
Saturday, October 7 from 12:00-5:00pm; Montgomery Twp. Community & Rec Center
As part of Calvary's commitment to local outreach and relational living, we will be helping with a scarecrow station at the festival. Volunteers must be 16 years or older. Sign up at autumnfestival17.eventbrite.com or contact Jennifer Mininger for more info.
Houston Recovery Trip - Info Meeting
Sunday, October 1 in Room 303/CCS at 11:45am
Learn how you can be a part of the recovery efforts in Houston by partnering with Reach Global, Crisis Response from December 2-9. If you are unable to attend the meeting but are interested, contact Denise Atkinson for more info.
Coat Drive - Share the Warmth!
October 22 – October 29
We are collecting new coats, hats, scarves, and socks for all ages to be distributed to those in need through several local agencies. Donations can be dropped off in the shopping carts by the main entrances or the designated collection tables in the atrium at CCS or in the atrium at CCQ. Contact Cathy Kanas with any questions.
Discovering Series Fall Session & Saturday Seminar
Sundays October 1, 8, & 15; 9:00am in Room 303/CCS
If you want to get connected or become a member, consider attending this series where you can learn what Calvary believes. You will meet others and discover opportunities to connect and serve. Can't attend Sundays? Consider attending our Saturday morning workshop November 11, from 8:00am-12:30pm. Contact Cindy at 215.723.0963 x113 or register at calvary-church.com/discovering.
Women's Tuesday Bible Studies
Get more info and register at calvary-church.com/women or contact Denise at x163. To help with childcare, contact Mary Gerhert or Ashley Henry.
Men's Bible Studies
- Friday Morning: 6:30am in Room 218/CCS
- Monday Evening: 7:00pm in Room 300/CCS
- For more info, visit calvary-church.com/men.