HURRICANE RELIEF EFFORTS
Calvary is working with our local mission partner, Hands-in-Service, to support those affected by the recent hurricanes. At their request, we are collecting only the items listed below.
- NEW Formula::Wipes::Diapers::Soap::Shampoo::Toothpaste::Toothbrushes
- NEW Shoes and now
- NEW School Supplies Canned Goods with a 6-month min. expiration date, Peanut Butter, Jelly, & Cereal
At Souderton, drop off items at Door 2 throughout the week.
At Quakertown, drop off items Sunday morning in the atrium or during the week at the school office.
Please share this info with local family and friends who may also want to contribute.
For monetary donations, mark your envelope "hurricane relief" or drop it off at the HUB. Online donations can be made at calvary-church.com/give.
In The Know
- Parents! Check out a free resource called Parent Cue (available to follow on an app, social media, & website at parentcue.org.) The app provides age-appropriate ideas for interacting with your children in ways that help them grow in their faith and connect to their family.
- Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a friend that does? Calvary is having an audition day for our music teams Sunday, October 8, 6:00pm in the CCS auditorium. Register at calvary-church.com/audition-day and share the info with others!
- This Fall at Calvary: Sign up for one of the many teams that makes Fall Ministry happen at Calvary! Parking & Valet::Calvary Kids::Calvary Students::Bridge Disability::Tech & Music::Quakertown Set up/Tear down::Weekday Roles and more!
- Work at Calvary: Mr. B's and Souderton Campus Services have part-time openings on their teams. For more info or to submit your resume, contact Erik Scardino.
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Kids highlights.
- Wednesday Night Kids Clubs: Hosted at CCS; Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress Grades 1-5 plus children's programming for 3-5 year olds
- Family Fusion at CCS: Where kids bring their parents to church! Family Fusion meets twice monthly.
- Fall Child Dedication: Sunday, October 29 at both campuses; if you’re interested in being part of this special time, contact Lauren Bizette.
Visit our website for weekly schedules at both campuses and more info on these Student highlights.
- Sunday Morning Middle School at both campuses: for Grades 6-8
- Sunday night CHS for Grades 9-12
- Wednesday night CMS for Grades 6-8
- Small Group Sign-up: Grades 6-12; get connected with others your age!
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and special event info.
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Bridge highlights.
- Sunday morning Venture at both campuses
- Wednesday night Link (ages 15-21) this week at CCS
- Bridge Respite Night for Parents of Special-Needs Children (ages 5—14)
- Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ
See the full Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS)
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS)
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS) **Please note that the terrace stairs outside of Door 10 are closed. Please enter through Door 5 or 11.
Living Room Tuesdays: Service Project
Tuesday, Sep. 26, 7:00pm; meet in the Refinery parking lot to carpool from CCS
We’ll serve at Hands In Service in Warrington and grab some food after.
HOMEFIELD MARRIAGE & PARENTING
Weekend to Remember Retreat
November 17-19, Crowne Plaza Hotel, King of Prussia
Register at www.familylife.com/weekend using “calvarychurchpennsylvania” for a reduced rate. Register by Sep. 19 for a BOGO offer.
Just Among Moms (JAM)
Meets monthly at CCS
JAM is for moms of young children. Get more info at calvary-church.com/women.
Sewing/Quilting and Prayer Shawl Ministry & Ladies' Craft Night
Visit the website for more info on these monthly gatherings.
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
Meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered environment. For details, contact Sandy Egolf.
- Haycock Oct 20-22: Visit www.haycock.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
- Spruce Lake Nov 10-12: Visit calvary-church.com/men for info.
Men and Women's Bible Study info is listed in the "Grow" section below.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
American Red Cross Blood Drive
Friday, October 6, 1:30–6:30pm in the Gym/CCS
Sign up online at redcrossblood.org with sponsor code: calvary. For more information, please contact Linda Raneri or Kathy Mulloy.
Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30pm; Room 218/CCS
For info, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
Thursdays from 7:00–8:30pm; Room 302/CCS
Contact Gwen Prichard for more info.
More Support Groups
Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Free Fall Is Coming to Quakertown!
Saturday, September 23 at the Quakertown skate park
Sign up to volunteer and be part of this family-friendly outreach day in Quakertown. Visit the Free Fall website for more details.
Upcoming Outreach Partner Run/Walk Benefits
- Saturday, September 30 at CCS for the Worthwhile Wear 5K Run for Freedom. More info at worthwhilewear.org/pages/events.
- Saturday, September 30 to Franconia Community Park for the Pregnancy Resource Clinic Walk in the Light. More info at www.supportlifeprc.org.
Montgomery Township Autumn Festival - Volunteer and Represent!
Saturday, October 7 from 12:00-5:00pm; Montgomery Twp. Community & Rec Center
As part of Calvary's commitment to local outreach and relational living, we will be helping with a scarecrow station at the festival. Volunteers must be 16 years or older. Sign up at autumnfestival17.eventbrite.com or contact Jennifer Mininger for more info.
New 10-Week Course! Christian Caregiving – a Way of Life
Stephen Ministry is coming to Calvary! Learn more about this outreach ministry and how caring for others can become a way of life for you. Visit calvary-church.com/local or email Emery Ashton for more details and to sign up.
Discovering Series Fall Session
Want to get connected or become a member? Learn what Calvary believes, meet others, and discover opportunities to connect and serve. The 4-class series begins next Sunday. For more info, contact Cindy at 215.723.0963 x113 or register at calvary-church.com/discovering.
Women's Tuesday Bible Studies Begin Tomorrow
Register at calvary-church.com/women or contact Denise at x163. To help with childcare, contact Mary Gerhert or Ashley Henry.
Men's Bible Studies
- Friday Morning: 6:30am in Room 218/CCS
- Monday Evening: 7:00pm in Room 300/CCS
- For more info, visit calvary-church.com/men.
October 22 at both campuses
Are you ready to take this important step in your faith journey? If so, visit our baptism website page and request a baptism form or pick one up at the Hub. Applications are due September 24.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Free Fall is a sports outreach coming to Quakertown September 23. Sign up to volunteer and be part of this family-friendly outreach day in Quakertown!
- Volunteer teams are ready to welcome you. Stretch your serving muscles and contact Jen Studt for info on teams that you can join.
- Calvary Kids, Students, and Bridge Disability Ministries meet Sunday mornings. Visit our website page for more details.
- Home Groups: Contact Wayne Nguyen to get info on joining.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!