HURRICANE RELIEF EFFORTS
Calvary is working with our local mission partner, Hands-in-Service, to support those affected by the recent hurricanes. We are collecting only the items listed below.
At Souderton, drop off NEW items at Door 2 throughout the week.
At Quakertown, drop off NEW items Sunday morning in the atrium.
Please share this info with local family and friends who may also want to contribute.
For monetary donations, mark your envelope "hurricane relief" or drop it off at the HUB. Online donations can be made at calvary-church.com/give.
IN THE KNOW
- Parents! Check out a free resource called Parent Cue (available to follow on an app, social media, & website at parentcue.org.) This resource supports your rhythm as a family and helps you connect with your child and with God. The app provides age-appropriate ideas for interacting with your children in ways that help them grow in their faith and connect to their family.
- Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a friend that does? Calvary is having an audition day for our music teams Sunday, October 8, 6:00pm in the CCS auditorium. Register at calvary-church.com/audition-day and share the info with others!
- This Fall at Calvary: Sign up for one of the many teams that makes Fall Ministry happen at Calvary! Parking & Valet::Calvary Kids::Calvary Students::Bridge Disability::Tech & Music::Quakertown Set up/Tear down::Weekday Roles For info in Fall Ministry Kickoff, visit our website.
- Work at Calvary: Mr. B's and Souderton Campus Services have part-time openings on their teams. For more info or to submit your resume, contact Erik Scardino.
Calvary Kids Clubs at CCS Return September 13
Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress Grades 1-5; children's programming 3-5 year olds
Find more details at calvary-church.com/kids. *Please note that Pursuit is not being offered this fall. Also, the nursery and Mr. B's kitchen will be closed Wednesday nights and pizza will not be available.
Family Fusion at CCS
Parents can join their kids again for Family Fusion Sunday, September 17.
Fall Child Dedication
Sunday, October 29 at both campuses
If you’re interested in being part of this special time, contact Lauren Bizette.
To get the latest on Calvary Students, join the weekly email for schedule changes and event info!
Sunday Morning Middle School
- For Grades 6-8 Sundays at 9:00am
- CCS Students meet in the Refinery/Door 7.
- CCQ Students meet in the Student room.
- Contact Lauren for more info.
Middle School (CMS) & High School (CHS) Small Group Sign-up
Sign up your students at calvary-church.com/middleschool or calvary-church.com/highschool. We'd love to get them connected with others their age!
- Link (Ages 15-21) A fun-filled night with hands-on activities, Bible lesson, and small group time with an emphasis on building friendships; meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from 7-8:30pm/Door 13
- Connect (Ages 22-35) A time of more in-depth Bible teaching and discipleship. Friendship building through fun activities and informal connection time; meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month from 7-8:30pm/Door 13
Bridge Respite Night for Parents of Special-Needs Children Ages 5—14
September 15, 6:00-9:30pm; 300 Level CCS
Contact Lori Leman for an interview at email@example.com or 215.723.0963 x142.
Bridge Link & Connect Volunteer Training
Wednesday, September 13, 6:45-8:00pm in Room 214/CCS
All new and returning volunteers as well as those seeking opportunity to serve are welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
See the full Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS)
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS)
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS) **Please note that there will be construction on the terrace stairs outside of Door 10 on Sep. 12. Please enter through Door 5 or 11.
Living Room Tuesdays: Service Project
Tuesday, Sep. 26, 7:00pm; meet in the Refinery parking lot to carpool from CCS
We’ll serve at Hands In Service in Warrington and grab some food after.
HOMEFIELD MARRIAGE & PARENTING
Weekend to Remember Retreat
November 17-19, Crowne Plaza Hotel, King of Prussia
Register at www.familylife.com/weekend using “calvarychurchpennsylvania” for a reduced rate. Register by Sep. 19 for a BOGO offer.
Just Among Moms (JAM)
Meets monthly at CCS
JAM is for moms of young children. Get more info at calvary-church.com/women.
Sewing/Quilting and Prayer Shawl Ministry
Wednesday, September 13; 9:00am-2:00pm in Room 201/CCS
New faces always welcome! Bring your lunch and we will provide the coffee, tea, and friendship! For more info, contact Ruth Rosenberger at 215.257.3737.
Ladies' Craft Night
Friday, September 15; 7:00-10:00pm in Room 300/CCS
Ladies are invited to a fun time of meeting other women at Calvary who enjoy being creative at our monthly Craft Night! Bring your own project to work on and a snack to share. Contact Jen Gunning for more info.
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
Saturday, September 16, 6:30–10:00pm in the Café/Door 13
Line Dancing, Volleyball, Game Night!
SALT is a place to meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered
environment. For details, contact Sandy Egolf.
Haycock October 20-22
Visit www.haycock.org or email email@example.com for info.
Spruce Lake November 10-12
Visit calvary-church.com/men for info.
Men and Women's Bible Study info is listed in the "Grow" section below. Please note that Pursuit is not being offered this fall.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30pm; Room 218/CCS
For info, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
Thursdays from 7:00–8:30pm; Room 302/CCS
Contact Gwen Prichard for more info.
More Support Groups
Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
New 10-Week Course! Christian Caregiving – a Way of Life
Starting September 13; 7:00-8:00pm in Room 303/CCS
Stephen Ministry is coming to Calvary! Learn more about this outreach ministry and how caring for others can become a way of life for you. Visit calvary-church.com/local or email Emery Ashton for more details and to sign up.
Upcoming Outreach Partner Run/Walk Benefits
- Saturday, September 16 at Peace Valley Park for the Hands-in-Service Run/Walk. Register at www.runtheday.com.
- Saturday, September 30 at CCS for the Worthwhile Wear 5K Run for Freedom. More info at worthwhilewear.org/pages/events.
- Saturday, September 30 to Franconia Community Park for the Pregnancy Resource Clinic Walk in the Light. More info at www.supportlifeprc.org.
Partner with Chosen 300
September 16, 4:30-6:30pm in Pottstown
Join us to share God's love and serve meals to the homeless. Children 8 years+ are welcome to help. Contact Bruce Snyder at 215.498.2335 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Nepal Medical Missions Trip
Informational meeting Sunday, September 17 at 12:00pm in Room 218/CCS
Calvary will join Pennsylvania United Medical Association in a medical mission to Lamjung, Nepal January 6-20, 2018. If you are interested in traveling with this team, please plan to attend the information meeting.
Free Fall Is Coming to Quakertown!
Saturday, September 23 at the Quakertown skate park
Sign up to volunteer and be part of this family-friendly outreach day in Quakertown. Visit the Free Fall website for more details.
Montgomery Township Autumn Festival - Volunteer and Represent!
Saturday, October 7 from 12:00-5:00pm; Montgomery Twp. Community & Rec Center
As part of Calvary's commitment to local outreach and relational living, we will be helping with a scarecrow station at the festival. Volunteers must be 16 years or older. Sign up at autumnfestival17.eventbrite.com or contact Jennifer Mininger for more info.
Discovering Series Fall Session
Want to get connected or become a member? Learn what Calvary believes, meet others, and discover opportunities to connect and serve. Dates and campus locations are listed at the link below. For more info, contact Cindy at 215.723.0963 x113 or register at calvary-church.com/discovering.
Women's Tuesday Bible Studies Begin Tomorrow
Register at calvary-church.com/women or contact Denise at x163. To help with childcare, contact Mary Gerhert or Ashley Henry.
Men's Bible Studies
- Friday Morning: 6:30am in Room 218/CCS
- Monday Evening: 7:00pm in Room 300/CCS
- For more info, visit calvary-church.com/men.
Welcome to Calvary Gathering at CCS
Sunday, September 17 after both services in the Next Steps/InfoHUB area at CCS
This informal gathering is designed for those who have visited Calvary recently to meet some of our staff, meet other attenders, learn more about Calvary, connect, and discover the next steps along your pathway.
October 22 at both campuses
Are you ready to take this important step in your faith journey? If so, visit our baptism website page and request a baptism form or pick one up at the Hub. Applications are due September 24.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Free Fall is a sports outreach coming to Quakertown September 23. Sign up to volunteer and be part of this family-friendly outreach day in Quakertown!
- Volunteer teams are ready to welcome you. Stretch your serving muscles and contact Jen Studt for info on teams that you can join.
- Calvary Kids, Students, and Bridge Disability Ministries meet Sunday mornings. Visit our website page for more details.
- Home Groups: Contact Wayne Nguyen to get info on joining.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!