FALL-UNTEERING at CALVARY
Fall ministry season at Calvary has begun! Volunteer Teams are great ways to connect at Calvary and work together with others with a shared purpose in mind this fall. Whether you like to be behind the scenes or in front of others, helping young people or working alongside adults, we have a place for you!
Start thinking of how you can become a fall-unteer and check out these awesome Calvary teams. More info is available Sunday morning at the HUB or on our website page.
- Calvary Kids: early childhood teachers, classroom assistants, and nursery volunteers; elementary small group leaders, greeters, check-in/info desk, song leaders
- Calvary Students: small group leaders, hosts, greeters, Next Steps, and techs
- Bridge Disability: hall monitors, buddies, Respite nights, teachers and assistants for Wednesday night LINK and Sunday morning Venture
- Sunday morning tech: audio assistants, house managers, cameras, recorders
- Sunday morning music: vocals and instrumentals
- Quakertown campus: all of the above and more!
- Tuesday morning Kingdom Kids (during women's Bible study)
- Thursday evening Divorce Care for Kids
- One Friday morning per month JAMS (early childhood care)
- More teams are listed on our Volunteer page at the link above! Previous experience not needed; training is provided!
NEED to KNOW
- Labor Day Weekend Building Hours are listed on the website.
- Fall Kickoff info for all our ministries is listed on the website. Be sure to check out the dates and plan your schedule for fall events at Calvary!
- Job Openings at Calvary: Mr. B's and Souderton Campus Services have part-time openings on their teams. For more info or to submit your resume, contact Erik Scardino.
- Gym Hallway Entrance at CCS
The gym hallway entrance (Door 13) is now designated for Bridge Disability Ministries Families to use as they enter the building except during inclement weather. Others are asked to use Doors 11 & 12.
Staffing Shortages Requiring Change at CCS
Current staffing shortages prevent us from safely offering all our classes at this time so some Early Childhood classes will be combined while we seek to build our ministry team. Will you consider joining our great team of volunteers who make Sunday mornings happen for our kids and families? Email Dawn Dant to get signed up for our Sunday morning teams!
Calvary Kids Clubs at CCS Return September 13
Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress for Grades 1-5 and children's programming for 3-5 year-olds in the Early Childhood hallway Find more details at calvary-church.com/kids.
*Please note that Pursuit is not being offered this fall. Also, the nursery and Mr. B's kitchen will be closed Wednesday nights and pizza will not be available.
Family Fusion at CCS
Parents can join their kids again for Family Fusion Sunday, September 17.
Fall Child Dedication
Sunday, October 29 at both campuses
If you’re interested in being part of this special time, contact Lauren Bizette.
To get the latest on Calvary Students, join the weekly email for schedule changes and event info!
Sunday Morning Middle School
Grades 6-8 at both campuses can now join Sunday Morning Middle School at 9:00am. CCS Students meet in the Refinery/Door 7 and CCQ Students meet next to the library. Contact Lauren for more info.
Middle School (CMS) & High School (CHS) Small Group Sign-up
If you are new to CMS/CHS and are not involved with a small group yet, you can sign up at calvary-church.com/middleschool or calvary-church.com/highschool. We'd love to get you connected with others your age!
Bridge Respite Night for Parents of Special-Needs Children Ages 5—14
September 15, 6:00—9:00pm; 300 Level CCS
Contact Lori Leman for an interview at email@example.com or 215.723.0963 x142.
Bridge Link Volunteer Training
Wednesday, September 13, 6:45pm in Room 214/CCS
All new and returning volunteers as well as those seeking opportunity to serve are welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
See the full Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS)
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS)
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS) **Please note that there will be construction on the terrace stairs outside of Door 10 on Sep. 12. Please enter through Door 5 or 11.
Living Room Tuesdays: Service Project
Tuesday, Sep. 26, 7:00pm; meet in the Refinery parking lot to carpool from CCS
We’ll serve at Hands In Service in Warrington and grab some food after.
HOMEFIELD MARRIAGE & PARENTING
2-1 Premarital Fall Session
September 10-December 3
Registration info can be found at calvary-church.com/marriage-and-parenting.
Weekend to Remember Retreat
November 17-19, Crowne Plaza Hotel, King of Prussia
Register at www.familylife.com/weekend using the name “calvarychurchpennsylvania” for a reduced rate. Register by September 19 for a BOGO offer.
Just Among Moms (JAM)
Begins September 8 at CCS
JAM is open to Moms of all young children, even beyond kindergarten. Jammies, our childrens program, is available for children ages birth through kindergarten. Register at calvary-church.com/women.
Sewing/Quilting and Prayer Shawl Ministry
Wednesday, September 13; 9:00am-2:00pm in Room 201/CCS
New faces always welcome! Bring your lunch and we will provide the coffee, tea, and friendship! For more info, contact Ruth Rosenberger at 215.257.3737.
Ladies' Craft Night
Friday, September 15; 7:00-10:00pm in Room 300/CCS
Ladies are invited to a fun time of meeting other women at Calvary who enjoy being creative at our monthly Craft Night! Bring your own project to work on and a snack to share. Contact Jen Gunning for more info.
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
Saturday, September 16, 6:30–10:00pm in the Café/Door 13
Line Dancing, Volleyball, Game Night!
SALT is a place to meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered
environment. For details, contact Sandy Egolf.
Haycock Ministries Men's Retreat Weekend
For more information, visit www.haycock.org or email us at email@example.com.
Men and Women's Bible Study info is listed in the "Grow" section below. Please note that Pursuit is not being offered this fall.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
The fall session begins Wednesday, September 6, from 7:00-8:30pm in Room 218/CCS. To register, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
Divorce Care Fall Session Start
The fall session begins Thursday, September 7. Contact Gwen Prichard to register. More info available at our Support Group page.
More Support Groups
Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Oxford Circle Cares: Cleanup and Cookout Day
Saturday, September 9
Oxford Circle Mennonite Church is partnering with Carnell Elementary School to help get the school ready for over 1,000 kids in the city. Sign up to volunteer at oxfordcirclecares.eventbrite.com. We'll also be partnering with Oxford Circle to help supply playground games / equipment as well as school supplies for the teacher’s classrooms.You can drop donations marked "urban" in the offering or give online at calvary-church.com/give.
New 10-Week Course! Christian Caregiving – a Way of Life
Starting September 13; 7:00-8:00pm in Room 203/CCS
Learn about what makes Christian caregiving distinctive and how caring for others can become a way of life for you. Books will be provided at a cost of $15. Contact Emery Ashton to sign up.
Upcoming Outreach Partner Run/Walk Benefits
- Saturday, September 16 at Peace Valley Park for the Hands-in-Service Run/Walk. Register at www.runtheday.com.
- Saturday, September 30 at CCS for the Worthwhile Wear 5K Run for Freedom. More info at worthwhilewear.org/pages/events.
- Saturday, September 30 to Franconia Community Park for the Pregnancy Resource Clinic Walk in the Light. More info at www.supportlifeprc.org.
Summer Donation Opportunities
- Clothing: The Care Corner is in great need of gently used infant and children’s clothing in all sizes. Donations may be dropped off any time at the Care Corner building on the Souderton Campus.
- Non-perishable food: Some of the most needed items are: peanut butter, cereal, canned meat, soup and fruit juice. Donations can be dropped off any time in the shopping carts by the main entrances at the Souderton Campus.
Nepal Medical Missions Trip
Informational meeting Sunday, September 17 at 12:00pm in Room 218/CCS
Calvary will join Pennsylvania United Medical Association in a medical mission to Lamjung, Nepal January 6-20, 2018. If you are interested in traveling with this team, please plan to attend the information meeting.
Discovering Series Fall Session
Want to get connected or become a member? Learn what Calvary believes, meet others, and discover opportunities to connect and serve. Dates and campus locations are listed at the link below. For more info, contact Cindy at 215.723.0963 x113 or register at calvary-church.com/discovering.
Women's Tuesday Bible Studies
Beginning September 12
There are 5 morning classes and 1 evening class to choose from. Childcare is provided in the morning. Register at calvary-church.com/women or contact Denise at x163 for more information. You can also register in the atrium Sunday, September 3 and 10. To volunteer to help with childcare, contact Mary Gerhert or Ashley Henry.
Men's Bible Studies
- Friday Morning begins September 8 at 6:30am in Room 218/CCS
- Monday Evening begins September 11 at 7:00pm in Room 300/CCS
- There is no need to register. For more info, visit calvary-church.com/men.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Volunteer teams are ready to welcome you. Stretch your serving muscles and contact Jen Studt for info on teams that you can join.
- Calvary Kids (ages birth-Grade 5) is open during both service times.
- Calvary Students (Grades 6-8) meets at 9:00am in the room next to the coffee bar.
- Bridge Disability Ministries meet at 9:00am in the Bridge wing. Contact Marie Haney for more details.
- Home Groups: Contact Wayne Nguyen to get info on joining.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!