FALL-UNTEERING at CALVARY
September is knocking and that means one thing...fall ministry season at Calvary is just around the corner! Volunteer Teams are great ways to connect at Calvary and work together with others with a shared purpose in mind. Whether you like to be behind the scenes or in front of others, helping young people or working alongside adults, we have a place for you!
Start thinking of how you can become a fall-unteer and check out these awesome Calvary teams. More info is available Sunday morning at the HUB or on our website page.
- Calvary Kids: early childhood teachers, classroom assistants, and nursery volunteers; elementary small group leaders, greeters, check-in/info desk, song leaders
- Calvary Students: small group leaders, hosts, greeters, Next Steps, and techs
- Bridge Disability: hall monitors, buddies, Respite nights, teachers and assistants for Wednesday night LINK and Sunday morning Venture
- Sunday morning tech: audio assistants, house managers, cameras, recorders
- Sunday morning music: vocals and instrumentals
- Quakertown campus: all of the above and more!
- Tuesday morning Kingdom Kids
- Thursday evening Divorce Care for Kids
- One Friday morning per month JAMS (early childhood care)
- More teams are listed on our Volunteer page at the link above! Previous experience not needed; training is provided!
NEED to KNOW
Mr. B's is hiring! This is a great job for students 16 and older. No experience needed...we'll train you! Contact Erik Scardino for more info.
- Campus Service Positions at CCS: 2 part-time positions are open on the Campus Services team at Souderton, 1 for Saturday evening and 1 for Sunday morning. For more info or to submit your resume, contact Erik Scardino.
Gym Hallway Entrance at CCS
The gym hallway entrance (Door 13) is now designated for Bridge Disability Ministries Families to use as they enter the building except during inclement weather. Others are asked to use Doors 11 & 12.
Fall Child Dedication
Sunday, October 29 at both campuses
If you’re interested in being part of this special time, contact Lauren Bizette.
Step-Up Sunday is Sunday, August 27
All Early Childhood and Elementary Sunday school classes at both campuses, along with Family Fusion and The ZONE at CCS, will step up Sunday, August 27. This year at CCS, Grade 5 will be stepping up to Grade 6 and joining Calvary Students! They will be meeting Sundays during the 9:00am service in the Refinery/Door 7.
Calvary Kids Clubs at CCS Return September 13
Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress for Grades 1-5 and children's programming for 3-5 year-olds in the Early Childhood hallway
Kids don't have to register ahead of time; they just check-in at a computer kiosk before reporting to their room. Find more details at calvary-church.com/kids.
Family Fusion on Summer Break at CCS
During the month of August, we will be having the Zone just for kids, grades 1–5 in the FX Factory/CCS. Parents can join their kids again for Family Fusion Sunday, September 17.
Summer Schedule for Calvary Students
- CCS Grades 7–12 are invited to join us for second service at 10:30am in our Student Section (front left section of the auditorium).
- CCQ Grades 6–8 are invited to join the Students Class at 9am. Grades 9–12 are invited to attend service or serve on a volunteer team.
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and event info!
Coming to CCS: Sunday Morning Middle School
The CCQ middle school class has been such a hit that we're bringing it to Souderton. Beginning August 27, students entering Grades 6-8 at Souderton will meet at 9:00am in the Refinery/Door 7.
Middle School (CMS) & High School (CHS) Small Group Sign-up
If you are new to CMS/CHS and are not involved with a small group yet, you can sign up at calvary-church.com/middleschool or calvary-church.com/highschool. We'd love to get you connected with others your age!
Visit our website for our weekly schedule of Bridge events at both campuses. Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ.
Bridge Respite Night for Parents of Special-Needs Children Ages 5—12
September 15, 6:00—9:00pm; 300 Level CCS
Parents, would you benefit from a break as a primary caregiver knowing that your child is enjoying a variety of fun activities supervised by a caring and trained staff? Contact Lori Leman for an interview at email@example.com or 215.723.0963 x142.
Gym Hallway Entrance at CCS
The gym hallway entrance (Door 13) is now designated for Bridge Disability Ministries families to use to enter the building except during inclement weather.
See the full Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS)
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS)
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS)
Young Adult Music Night & Bonfire
Tuesday, August 22, 7:00pm in the Picnic Grove/CCS
Join us for a bonfire, s'mores, and worship music! Bring your friends!
HOMEFIELD MARRIAGE & PARENTING
2-1 Premarital Classes
September 10-December 3
Calvary's 2-1 Premarital Classes will be offered again this fall. Registration info can be found at calvary-church.com/marriage-and-parenting.
Weekend to Remember Retreat
November 17-19, Crowne Plaza Hotel, King of Prussia
Escape the daily grind and focus on your marriage. Register at www.familylife.com/weekend using the group name “calvarychurchpennsylvania” for a reduced rate. If you register between August 28 and September 19 there is a buy one, get one free offer.
Sewing/Quilting and Prayer Shawl Ministry Kickoff
Wednesday, September 13; 9:00am-2:00pm in Room 201/CCS
New faces always welcome! Bring your lunch and we will provide the coffee, tea, and friendship! For more info, contact Ruth Rosenberger at 215.257.3737.
Ladies' Craft Night
Friday September 15; 7:00-10:00pm in Room 300/CCS
Ladies, you’re invited to a fun time of meeting other women at Calvary who enjoy being creative at our monthly Craft Night! Bring your own project to work on and a snack to share. Friends are welcome to join you, and many mother-daughter pairs enjoy the monthly gathering, too! Contact Jen Gunning for more info.
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
3rd Saturday of each month; 6:30–10:00pm in the Café/Door 13 at CCS
SALT is a place to meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered
environment. For more details, contact Sandy Egolf.
Haycock Ministries Men's Retreat Weekend
Join us for sessions of worship, encouraging teaching, great food, and plenty of time to relax and enjoy Haycock activities throughout the weekend! For more information, visit www.haycock.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Divorce Care August Meeting
Thursday, August 17; 7:00–8:30pm in Room 218/CCS
There will be Bible study, prayer, and discussion. No need to sign up. Just show up! Contact Gwen Prichard with any questions.
Divorce Care Fall Session Start
The fall session for Divorce Care will begin September 7. Contact Gwen Prichard to register.
Our next 13 week session begins Wednesday, September 6, from 7:00-8:30pm in Room 218/CCS. If you are struggling with the loss of a loved one due to death, we are here to help you. To register, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
More Support Groups
Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Summer Donation Opportunities
- The Care Corner is in great need of gently used infant and children’s clothing in all sizes. Donations may be dropped off any time at the Care Corner building on the Souderton Campus.
- During the summer months, food donations slow down but the need for food is high with kids home from school! Some of the most wanted items are: peanut butter, cereal, canned meat, soup and fruit juice. Donations can be dropped off any time in the shopping carts by the main entrances at the Souderton Campus.
Save the Dates: Upcoming Outreach Partner Run/Walk Benefits
- Saturday, September 16 at Peace Valley Park for the Hands-in-Service Run/Walk. Register at www.runtheday.com.
- Saturday, September 30 at CCS for the Worthwhile Wear 5K Run for Freedom. More info at www.worthwhilewear.org/pages/events.
- Saturday, September 30 to Franconia Community Park for the Pregnancy Resource Clinic Walk in the Light. More info at www.supportlifeprc.org.
Oxford Circle Cares: Cleanup and Cookout Day
Saturday, September 9
Oxford Circle Mennonite Church is partnering with Carnell Elementary School to help get the school ready for over 1,000 kids in the city. Sign up to volunteer at oxfordcirclecares.eventbrite.com. We'll also be partnering with Oxford Circle to help supply playground games / equipment as well as school supplies for the teacher’s classrooms.You can drop donations marked "urban" in the offering or give online at calvary-church.com/give.
Discovering Series Coming to Souderton and Quakertown Campuses
Want to get connected or become a member? Consider attending this series this fall. This is where you can learn what Calvary believes. You will meet others and discover opportunities to connect and serve. Dates and campus locations are listed at the link below. For more info, contact Cindy at 215.723.0963 x113 or register at calvary-church.com/discovering.
Women's Tuesday Morning Bible Studies Coming Soon
Beginning September 12
There are 5 morning classes and 1 evening class to choose from. Childcare is provided in the morning. Contact Denise at x163 for more information or stop by the atrium to register Sunday, September 3 and 10. To volunteer to help with childcare, contact Mary Gerhert or Ashley Henry.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Mark your calendar for Step-Up Sunday: August 27. All Kids and Students will move up to the next classroom level.
- Volunteer teams are ready to welcome you. Stretch your serving muscles and contact Jen Studt for info on teams that you can join.
- Calvary Kids (ages birth-Grade 5) is open during both service times.
- Calvary Students (grades 6-8) meets at 9:00am in the room next to the coffee bar.
- Bridge Disability Ministries meet at 9:00am in the Bridge wing. Contact Marie Haney for more details.
- Home Groups: Contact Wayne Nguyen to get info on joining.
- Campfire Prayer Night: August 27 at 6:30pm; the CCQ campus is invited to come for music, prayer, and marshmallows. No sign up, just show up!
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!