- Baptism applications for August 13 are due Sunday. Find the application here.
- Want to learn more about The Center, Calvary's consulting ministry? Visit www.centerconsulting.org to learn more.
- KidFest Crunch Time: There are a few roles left to fill that don't require background checks! Visit the link to be part of this awesome summer outreach at Calvary! Sign up here to help at the Finale.
- Join the Calvary Students team! We're looking for Small Group Leaders, Stage Hosts, Greeters, Next Steps, Techs & Events help as well as Sunday morning Middle School Leaders. Contact Lauren Bizette for info on getting involved!
- Don't forget to pray for all the student and young adult teams going out on their summer missions trips!
KidFest Around the Corner
July 11-13 at CCS; Family Finale Thursday 4:30-8:30pm
A few volunteer roles remain open. Visit the link to get signed up for daytime roles or here for Finale volunteer jobs. Don't forget to pray for our event and all the kids, volunteers, and staff who will be involved!
Family Fusion: Summer Break for Parents at CCS
During the months of July and August, we will be having the Zone just for kids, grades 1–5 in the FX Factory/CCS! Parents can join their kids again for Family Fusion Sunday, September 3.
Thinking Fall Already
Won't be long til we are packing up the pool noodles. Think ahead to how you can get involved with Calvary Kids in the fall now! We're looking for these specifics volunteers:
- Sun AM at CCS: teachers, small group leaders, room greeters, support staff, check-in/info desk, song leader
- Wed PM at CCS: teachers, small group leaders, room greeters
- Sun AM at CCQ: nursery, teachers, small group leaders preK—grade 5
Summer Schedule for Calvary Students
- CCS Grades 7–12 are invited to join us for second service at 10:30am in our Student Section (front left section of the auditorium).
- CCQ Grades 6–8 are invited to join the Students Class at 9am. Grades 9–12 are invited to attend service or serve on a volunteer team.
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and event info!
Student Ministry Makeover
This fall, Student Ministries will switch to Calvary Students. Thrive will go by Calvary Middle School (CMS) and Element will go by Calvary High School (CHS). These name changes will help both campuses clearly recognize our student groups. Wednesday and Sunday night meeting times will remain the same.
Quakertown's Sunday morning middle school class has been such a hit that we're bringing it to Souderton. Beginning August 27, middle school students (entering Grades 6-8) at Souderton will meet at 9:00am in the Refinery/Door 7.
Harvey Cedars Is Almost Here!
- High School Week Registration: Monday, July 17, 8:15am in the Gym/Door 13 at CCS
- Middle School Week Registration: Monday, July 31, 8:15am in the Gym/Door 13 at CCS
- Parent packets for both High School and Middle School weeks are available on the website at calvary-church.com/students-retreats.
- To contribute toward student scholarships, mark your giving envelope “SM Harvey Cedars Scholarship” or send it to the church, attention “Student Ministries.”
High School House Parties: Save the Dates!
Grades 9 & 10 - August 8, 7:00-9:00pm at the Loughery's house
Grades 11 & 12 - August 10, 7:00-9:00pm at the Loughery's house
More details to come.
Volunteer with Calvary Students
Want to be part of our teams that work with middle and high schoolers in the fall? Contact Lauren Bizette for more info.
Visit our website for our weekly schedule of Bridge events at both campuses. Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ.
Bridge Combo Events for CCS & CCQ
- BridgeFest – Annual Bridge Family Picnic: Wednesday, July 12, 5:30—7:30pm at CCS Refinery/Door 7. Pack a picnic dinner for your family. Dessert, drinks, inflatable water slide, and lots of fun provided! Register by July 9 with a count of how many will be attending.
- Respite: July 21 – Souderton campus from 6:30—9:00pm. Offers a break for parents of a special-needs child aged 5 – 12. Contact Lori Leman for an interview or call 215.723.0963 x142.
See the full Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
Sunday Morning Gathering (ages 18–35)
Sundays, 10:30am in Room 301/CCS
Join us as we begin a new series, Book of Revelation.
Young Marrieds Gathering (ages 18–35)
Second Sundays, 10:30am–12:00pm in the Refinery/CCS
Connect with young married couples. Join us for teaching and hanging out!
*Living Room Tuesdays at CCS will be off for the month of July. Our next meeting will be August 1.
Volunteer Teams are great ways to connect at Calvary! Whether you like to be behind the scenes or in front of others, helping young people or working alongside adults, we have a place for you! Start thinking of your fall involvement now and check out these awesome Calvary teams. More info is available Sunday morning at the HUB or on our website page.
- Calvary Kids
- Calvary Students
- Bridge Disability
- Sunday morning tech
- Sunday morning music
- Quakertown campus
- Lots more listed on our Volunteer page at the link above!
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
Saturday, July 15, 5:45–10:00pm in the Café/Door 13 at CCS
Line Dancing, Volleyball, Game Night!
SALT is a place to meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered
environment. For details, contact Sandy at email@example.com.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Divorce Care Summer Meetings
Thursdays July 20 & August 17; 7:00–8:30pm in Room 218/CCS
There will be Bible study, prayer, and discussion. No need to sign up. Just show up! Please contact Gwen Prichard with any questions. *Divorce Care fall session will begin September 7. Contact Gwen to register.
Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Consulting with The Center
Yesterday’s missional focus was on The Center, a ministry of Calvary Church. The Center is a non-profit Christian consulting group passionate about advancing leadership and organizational health. They work with leaders in churches, nonprofits, and businesses and have served almost 700 organizations! To learn how they can assist you, visit www.centerconsulting.org.
Hands-in-Service Pig Roast
Saturday, August 12 at CCS
Tickets available for 4:00, 5:00, or 6:00pm seating at $20 per person, kids under five eat free! *Ticket required for service, no walk-ins. To purchase tickets contact Ed Tornetta at 215.804.5303, Mary Tornetta at 215.804.5306 or visit the atrium table Sunday morning. Proceeds benefit Hands-in-Service, a Calvary outreach partner.
Run for Freedom 5K
Saturday, September 30 at CCS
Mark your calendars and join us for this certified/chipped 5K run/walk. Families and pets welcome! All proceeds will benefit Worthwhile Wear and its programs for women impacted by human trafficking. Register here. For more info on Worthwhile Wear, visit worthwhilewear.org.
Get Ready. Get Set. Get Baptised!
Sunday, August 13; 1:00pm at CCQ
We are excited to announce that our Souderton and Quakertown campuses will celebrate baptism together. The baptism will be held outdoors at the Quakertown site in our new portable baptism pool. Those interested in being baptised, applications are due July 9. Everyone else, bring your chairs, a blanket, your lunch, and a dessert to share. We will provide the beverages. Contact Cindy MacNeill with any questions.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Volunteer teams are ready to welcome you. Stretch your serving muscles and contact Jen Studt for info on teams that you can join.
- Calvary Kids (ages birth-Grade 5) is open during both service times.
- Calvary Students (grades 6-8) meets at 9am in the room next to the coffee bar.
- Bridge Disability Ministries meet at 9am in the Bridge wing. Contact Marie Haney for more details.
- Home Groups Underway: Contact Wayne Nguyen to get info on joining.
- Campfire Prayer Nights: July 23 & August 27 at 6:30pm; the CCQ campus is invited to come for music, prayer, and marshmallows. No sign up, just show up!
- Baptism at Quakertown: August 13 at 1:00pm we'll be hosting a combined campus baptism. Interested in participating? Visit the baptism page for details. Applications due July 9.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!