...so many ways to continue what Jesus started!
This year instead of a Thanksgiving Eve church service, Calvary will host a variety of opportunities to serve our local, regional, and global communities.
Rise Against Hunger Food Packing
Donations to help with the cost of food are still being accepted. Donate online at calvary-church.com/give or mark your donations "RAH" and drop in the offering Sunday. 19 cents provides one meal; how many can you give?
Oxford Circle Toy Store
- Sign up to help at the store in Oxford Circle in December.
- Donate toys, gift wrap supplies, gift cards, or cash through Dec. 10. See a list of teen gift ideas at calvary-church.com/regional.
Hurricane Relief Continues
- See the list of needed supplies at calvary-church.com.
COME CHRISTMAS WITH US!
Christmas Service Times
This year we are offering 9 Christmas services between our 2 campuses. Volunteer at calvary-church.com/christmas beginning November 19 or stop by the atrium table (CCS) or HUB (CCQ) to sign up beginning November 26. As in years past, we encourage you to serve at one and attend one with friends!
- December 23 Eve Eve Services:
- Souderton 5:00 & 6:30pm
- Quakertown: 6:30pm
- December 24 Eve Services:
- Souderton: 10:30am, 2:30, 4:00, & 5:30pm
- Quakertown: 10:30am & 4:00pm
- Calvary Kids, Bridge Disability, and Deaf Interpretation info is available at the website.
Christmas Decorating at CCS
Saturday, November 25, 9:00am–11:00am, meet at the HUB
We can use your help to decorate the facilities for the Christmas season. Contact Jennifer at email@example.com or x172 for more info or to volunteer.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Thanksgiving Service: so many ways to continue what Jesus started!
- Oxford Circle toy collection: through Sunday, Dec. 10
- Hurricane relief collection: ongoing
- See calvary-church.com for details and donation ideas
- Quakertown Christmas Tree Lighting: December 1 at the town center; join us for this fun night of kicking off the Christmas season.
- Home Groups : Contact Wayne for details on joining a group.
- Office Hours: Need to talk with a pastor? Contact Carlos to set up a time to meet at CCQ.
- Like to Cook or Bake? Join our new team and provide breakfast for our morning volunteers. For details on this and other volunteer teams, contact Jen.
- Calvary Kids, Students, and Bridge Disability Ministries meet Sunday mornings. Visit our website page for more details.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Kids highlights.
- Family Fusion at CCS: where kids bring their parents to church!
- Wednesday Night Kids Clubs: hosted at CCS; Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress Grades 1-5 plus children's programming for 3-5 year olds
Volunteer with Calvary Kids at Souderton!
We always have room for more helpers, especially in our growing 10:30am nursery class. Contact Dawn Dant to get started!
Holiday Hoopla Returns to CCS
December 17 during both services; details coming soon!
Calvary Kids Holiday Schedule
- Wednesday Night Clubs are not meeting November 22.
- December 6 is the last Clubs meeting for 2017; they will resume January 17.
- Both campuses: elementary classrooms won’t meet December 24 and all Calvary Kids classes are closed December 31.
Visit our website for weekly schedules at both campuses and more info on these Student highlights.
- Sunday Morning Middle School at both campuses: for Grades 6-8
- Sunday night CHS for all campus Grades 9-12
- Wednesday night CMS for all campus Grades 6-8
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and special event inf
Holiday Schedule for Calvary Students at Both Campuses
- Middle School Mornings: Not meeting November 24 & December 31
- CMS: In place of meeting November 22, students are encouraged to serve with one of our Thanksgiving Service events. Check with small group leaders for details!
- CMS: Christmas Party December 6, 7:00-8:30pm in the Refinery
- CMS Winter Break begins December 13; CMS will resume January 17
- CHS: not meeting November 26; Christmas Party December 3, 6:30-8:30pm in Mr. B's
- CHS Winter Break begins December 10; CHS will resume January 14
Parents! Save These Dates for Winter Student Retreats
CHS Retreat: January 19-21
CMS Retreat: February 2-4
More details to follow!
Unveiled Conference 2018
This weekend conference for girls (12-18) and the significant women in their lives is returning to Calvary March 9-10, 2018. Tickets are available at unveiledconference.com.
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Bridge highlights.
- Sunday morning Venture at both campuses
- Wednesday night Link or Connect
- Respite Night for parents of special-needs children (ages 5—14)
- Volunteer with Bridge! Teachers, assistants, buddies, greeters, hall monitors, and more! Visit calvary-church.com/bridge for details.
- Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS & Respite and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ
- No Link or Connect on November 22 or 29. Link resumes December 6 and Connect resumes December 13.
Want to connect with others at Calvary or give back by volunteering? There are plenty of teams to join! Visit calvary-church.com/volunteer or stop by the HUB desk Sunday morning for more info.
Snow Team at Souderton
See the Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS): 10:30am/Room 301
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS): 10:30am/Refinery, second Sundays
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS): 7:00pm in the Living Room
- Living Room Tuesdays: Service Project
November 28, 7:00pm; meet in the Refinery parking lot/CCS
Serve with us at Hands In Service in Warrington and grab some food after.
Visit the website for more info on these women's ministry groups.
- Tuesday Bible Studies
- Just Among Moms (JAM); monthly meeting for moms of young children
- Ladies' Craft Night; meets one Friday night per month
- Sewing/Quilting & Prayer Shawl Ministry; meets 2nd Wednesday each month
Visit the website for more info on men's ministry groups.
- Monday and Friday Bible Studies * Friday group won't meet week of Thanksgiving.
2018 Men's Breakfast Bowl featuring speaker Jim Kelly
Saturday, January 27
Breakfast and lunch sessions offered; tickets go on sale December 10 for $25 each. They make great Christmas gifts!
- CCS tickets: 10:00am in Room 218
- CCQ tickets: atrium table after first service
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+); next meeting is December 9
Meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered environment. For details, contact Sandy Egolf or visit calvary-church.com/singles.
SPORTS & REC
For information on sports teams that meet at Calvary including volleyball, basketball, softball, golf, and more, visit calvary-church.com/sports-recreation.
- GriefShare - Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30pm; Room 218/CCS; for info, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
- Divorce Care - Thursdays from 7:00–8:30pm; Room 302/CCS; contact Gwen Prichard for more info.
- More Support Groups - Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Tim Hawkins Comedy Show
Two shows: Saturday, March 3, 4:00and 7:00pm at CCS
Invite your friends and join us for this event; it's a great opportunity to have a night of laughter and connect with others. Tickets are available at the links below.
Make a difference in the lives of those impacted by human trafficking. Consider volunteering at the thrift stores, being a driver for women needing to get to appointments, etc. For more info, contact LuAnn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting Point at CCS
Mondays, November 27 & December 4; 7:00-8:00pm in Room 303/CCS
At Calvary, we believe that Continuing What Jesus Started means that we can't stay where we are. Do you wonder what God has for you next or what the Bible says about beginning your journey with Jesus? Join us for the two-part class and get started on your next step!
Thanksgiving Holiday Building Hours at CCS
- Thursday, November 23: Church office, Building, and Mr. B’s closed
- Friday, November 24: Church office, Building, and Mr. B’s closed
- Saturday, November 25: Mr. B’s closed; building closes at 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 26: Mr. B’s closes at 1:00pm; building closes at 6:00pm
2018 Budget Information
- Informational Meetings will be held Sunday morning, November 26, in Room 306/ CCS at 10:15am and 11:45am and in the Library at CCQ after each service.
- Voting on the 2018 budget will be held Sunday morning, December 3, during both services.
- Contact Deb Barlow for info on absentee ballots. Written requests for them are due in the church office by Friday, December 1.
Boxes for those who have an envelope number will be available December 10 in the atrium at the back wall of the auditorium at CCS and at the Hub at CCQ. If you would like envelopes, contact Deb Barlow. To get an end-of-the-year statement from Calvary, you must use a numbered envelope. Another option is to use electronic funds transfer for your contributions.