...so many ways to continue what Jesus started!
This year instead of a Thanksgiving Eve church service, Calvary will host a variety of opportunities to serve our local, regional, and global communities. Join us for one, two, or all of them!
Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Party
at CCQ/Both campuses welcome!
- This Sunday, Nov. 19 at 12:00pm
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Packing jobs are filled but you can still donate items to pack!
Rise Against Hunger Food Packing Event
at CCS/Wednesday Nov. 22
- All positions are filled but donations to help with the cost of food are still being accepted. Contact Cathy Kanas for info.
Oxford Circle Toy Store
- Sign up to help at the store in Oxford Circle in December.
We'll also be organizing these collections .
- HARVEST HOME THANKSGIVING FOOD BASKETS
- OPEN HAND WINTER COATS AND ACCESSORIES
- OXFORD CIRCLE TOY DRIVE
- HURRICANE RELIEF
Dates, details, & drop-off locations are available
at our website.
COME CHRISTMAS WITH US!
Christmas Service Times
This year we are offering 9 Christmas services between our 2 campuses. Volunteer at calvary-church.com beginning November 19 or stop by the atrium table (CCS) or HUB (CCQ) to sign up beginning November 26. As in years past, we encourage you to serve at one and attend one with friends!
- December 23 Eve Eve Services:
- Souderton 5:00 & 6:30pm
- Quakertown: 6:30pm
- December 24 Eve Services:
- Souderton: 10:30am, 2:30, 4:00, & 5:30pm
- Quakertown: 10:30am & 4:00pm
Christmas Decorating at CCS
Saturday, November 25, 9:00am–11:00am, meet at the HUB
We can use your help to decorate the facilities for the Christmas season. Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or x172 for more info or to volunteer.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- This Sunday, Carlos will be preaching from Souderton and Charles will be serving as our campus pastor in Quakertown.
- Sunday is our Shoebox Packing Party: We still have plenty of items to donate to our boxes. See the list and sign up at this link.
- Thanksgiving Service: so many ways to continue what Jesus started!
- Winter coat/outerwear collection: This Sunday, Nov. 19
- Oxford Circle toy collection: through Sunday, Dec. 10
- Hurricane relief collection: ongoing
- See calvary-church.com for details and donation ideas
- Home Groups : Contact Wayne for details on joining a group.
- Office Hours: Need to talk with a pastor? Contact Carlos to set up a time to meet at CCQ.
- Like to Cook or Bake? Join our new team and provide breakfast for our morning volunteers. For details on this and other volunteer teams, contact Jen.
- Calvary Kids, Students, and Bridge Disability Ministries meet Sunday mornings. Visit our website page for more details.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Kids highlights.
- Family Fusion at CCS: where kids bring their parents to church!
- Wednesday Night Kids Clubs: hosted at CCS; Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress Grades 1-5 plus children's programming for 3-5 year olds
Volunteer with Calvary Kids at Souderton!
We always have room for more helpers, especially in our 18 month-old class! Contact Dawn Dant or stop by the NextSteps desk to sign up.
Calvary Kids Souderton Harvest Home Project
Sunday, November 19
Children can bring non-perishable food items for the collection. We will have Early Childhood class visits to the Atrium and shopping cart collections in our two-year old rooms.
Operation Christmas Child: Shoe Box Project Continues
Collection runs through noon Sunday, November 19 at both campuses. For packing ideas, visit www.samaritanspurse.org. Boxes are available at both campuses, too.
Holiday Hoopla Returns to CCS
December 17 during both services; details coming soon!
Calvary Kids Holiday Schedule
- Wednesday Night Clubs are not meeting November 22.
- December 6 is the last Clubs meeting for 2017; they will resume January 17.
- Both campuses: elementary classrooms won’t meet December 24 and all Calvary Kids classes are closed December 31.
Visit our website for weekly schedules at both campuses and more info on these Student highlights.
- Sunday Morning Middle School at both campuses: for Grades 6-8
- Sunday night CHS for all campus Grades 9-12
- Wednesday night CMS for all campus Grades 6-8
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and special event inf
Unveiled Conference 2018
This weekend conference for girls (12-18) and the significant women in their lives is returning to Calvary March 9-10, 2018. Tickets are available at unveiledconference.com.
Holiday Schedule for Calvary Students at Both Campuses
Middle School Mornings: Not meeting November 24 & December 31
CMS: Christmas Party November 29, 7:00-8:30pm in the Refinery
CMS Winter Break begins December 6; CMS will resume January 17
CHS: not meeting November 26
CHS: Christmas Party December 3, 6:30-8:30pm in Mr. B's
CHS Winter Break begins December 10; CHS will resume January 14
Parents! Save These Dates for Winter Student Retreats
CHS Retreat: January 19-21
CMS Retreat: February 2-4
More details to follow!
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Bridge highlights.
- Sunday morning Venture at both campuses
- Wednesday night: see below for special event.
- Respite Night for parents of special-needs children (ages 5—14) is Nov. 17
- Volunteer with Bridge! Teachers, assistants, buddies, greeters, hall monitors, and more! Visit calvary-church.com/bridge for details.
- Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS & Respite and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ
Link and Connect Group Service Event
November 15; 7:00-8:30pm
We'll be food sorting in the atrium for Thanksgiving baskets.
*Note: No Link or Connect November 22 or 29.
Want to connect with others at Calvary or give back by volunteering? There are plenty of teams to join! Visit calvary-church.com/volunteer or stop by the HUB desk Sunday morning for more info.
Souderton Campus Fall Clean-up
Saturday, November 18; 8:00am-12:00pm
Bring gloves, rakes, leaf blowers, etc. Meet at the garage behind the Counseling Center. All are welcome!
Snow Team at Souderton
We need lots of help on the Snow Removal Team to clear off sidewalks and parking lots during the winter season. Contact Donna Brown or Sandra Stout if you can help.
See the Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS): 10:30am/Room 301
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS): 10:30am/Refinery, second Sundays
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS): 7:00pm in the Living Room
- Living Room Tuesdays: Service Project
November 28, 7:00pm; meet in the Refinery parking lot/CCS
Serve with us at Hands In Service in Warrington and grab some food after.
Visit the website for more info on these women's ministry groups.
- Tuesday Bible Studies
- Just Among Moms (JAM); monthly meeting for moms of young children
- Ladies' Craft Night; meets one Friday night per month
- Sewing/Quilting & Prayer Shawl Ministry; meets 2nd Wednesday each month
Visit the website for more info on men's ministry groups.
Monday and Friday Bible Studies
- 2018 Men's Breakfast Bowl featuring speaker Jim Kelly
Saturday, January 27
Breakfast and lunch sessions offered; tickets go on sale December 10 for $25 each. They make great Christmas gifts!
CCS tickets: 10:00am in Room 218
CCQ tickets: atrium table after first service
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+); next meeting is November 18
Meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered environment. For details, contact Sandy Egolf or visit calvary-church.com/singles.
SPORTS & REC
For information on sports teams that meet at Calvary including volleyball, basketball, softball, golf, and more, visit calvary-church.com/sports-recreation.
Men and Women's Bible Study info is listed in the "Grow" section below.
- GriefShare - Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30pm; Room 218/CCS; for info, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
- Divorce Care - Thursdays from 7:00–8:30pm; Room 302/CCS; contact Gwen Prichard for more info.
- More Support Groups - Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Divorce Care: Surviving the Holidays
Thursday, November 16; 7:00pm in Room 302/CCS
Wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas? Are you dreading these holidays, knowing that everything as changed? You'll receive valuable info on how to survive the holidays after a separation or divorce. Contact Gwen Prichard for more info.
GriefShare: Surviving the Holidays
Sunday, November 19, 6:00–8:00pm in Room 302
Facing the holidays after a loss can be very difficult. Join us for this free
GriefShare seminar which includes a helpful video, individual workbooks,
and a time to share and discuss. Register by calling the Counseling Center
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Bridge of Hope BuxMont Benefit Concert Featuring Jason Gray
November 16, 7:00pm in the CCS Auditorium
Tickets available at bridge-of-hope-buxmont.ticketleap.com.
Tim Hawkins Comedy Show
Two shows: Saturday, March 3, 4:00and 7:00pm at CCS
Invite your friends and join us for this event; it's a great opportunity to have a night of laughter and connect with others. Tickets are available to Calvary attenders at the link below for the next two weeks and then will go live on Tim's website.
Starting Point at CCS
Mondays, November 27 & December 4; 7:00-8:00pm in Room 303/CCS
At Calvary, we believe that Continuing What Jesus Started means that we can't stay where we are. Do you wonder what God has for you next or what the Bible says about beginning your journey with Jesus? Join us for the two-part class and get started on your next step!
Membership at Calvary
Applications due November 19
Curious about the membership process? If you have completed all membership requirements and have a membership packet, contact Cindy at email@example.com for more info.
Women's Tuesday Bible Studies
Get more info at calvary-church.com/women or contact Denise at x163. To help with childcare, contact Mary Gerhert or Ashley Henry.
Men's Bible Studies
- Friday Morning: 6:30am in Room 218/CCS
- Monday Evening: 7:00pm in Room 300/CCS
- For more info, visit calvary-church.com/men.
2018 Budget Information
- Informational Meetings will be held Sunday morning, November 26, in Room 306/ CCS at 10:15am and 11:45am and in the Library at CCQ after each service.
- Voting on the 2018 budget will be held Sunday morning, December 3, during both services.
- Contact Deb Barlow for info on absentee ballots. Written requests for them are due in the church office by Friday, December 1.
Boxes for those who have an envelope number will be available December 10 in the atrium at the back wall of the auditorium at CCS and at the Hub at CCQ. If you would like envelopes, contact Deb Barlow. To get an end-of-the-year statement from Calvary, you must use a numbered envelope. Another option is to use electronic funds transfer for your contributions.
Statements will be sent out the fourth week of January to the head of household email address. For a mailed copy, contact Sandy Egolf.