...so many ways to continue what Jesus started!
This year instead of a Thanksgiving Eve church service, we'll host a variety of opportunities to serve our local, regional, and global communities. Details will be shared November 5, but start planning your calendars now for these events.
Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Party
at CCQ/Both campuses welcome
- Sunday, Nov. 19 at 12pm
- Register to donate or participate.
Rise Against Hunger Food Packing Event
at CCS/Both campuses welcome
- Wednesday, Nov. 22
- Register to be part of this family-fun event.
Oxford Circle Toy Store
- Sign up now to help at the store in December.
We'll also be organizing these collections.
- HARVEST HOME THANKSGIVING FOOD BASKETS
- OPEN HAND WINTER COATS AND ACCESSORIES
- OXFORD CIRCLE TOY DRIVE
- HURRICANE RELIEF
NEED TO KNOW
Work at Calvary: Mr. B's and Souderton Campus Services have part-time openings on their teams. For more info or to submit your resume, contact Erik Scardino.
Christmas Decorating at CCS
Saturday, November 25, 9:00am–11:00am, meet at the HUB
We can use your help to decorate the facilities for the Christmas season. Contact Jennifer at email@example.com or x172 for more info or to volunteer.
Lost and Found at Souderton
If you have lost something at the Souderton campus, don't forget to look in the Lost and Found Cabinet located by Room 216 and Room 217. Note: Bibles are taken to the Library and jewelry/eyeglasses/purses/valuables are taken to the main office.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Shoebox Packing Party: Join us November 19 for a new twist on Christmas Child Shoebox collection at CCQ this year! Details and sign up at calvary-church.com/quakertown.
- Home Groups : Contact Wayne for details on joining a group.
- Office Hours: With the office now complete, the campus staff now have regular office hours. Need to talk with a pastor? Contact Carlos to set up a time to meet at CCQ.
- Like to Cook or Bake? Join our new team and provide breakfast for our morning volunteers. For details on this and other volunteer teams, contact Jen.
- Calvary Kids, Students, and Bridge Disability Ministries meet Sunday mornings. Visit our website page for more details.
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Kids highlights.
- Family Fusion at CCS: where kids bring their parents to church!
- Wednesday Night Kids Clubs: hosted at CCS; Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress Grades 1-5 plus children's programming for 3-5 year olds
Volunteer with Calvary Kids at Souderton!
We always have room for more helpers, especially in our 18 month-old class! Contact Dawn Dant or stop by the NextSteps desk to sign up.
Parent Cue App
The Parent Cue app is free to download and provides age-appropriate ideas for interacting with your children in ways that help them grow in their faith and connect to their family. See more at theparentcue.org.
Operation Christmas Child: Shoe Box Project Continues
Collection runs through noon Sunday, November 19 at both campuses. For packing ideas, visit www.samaritanspurse.org. Boxes are available at both campuses, too.
Calvary Kids Holiday Schedule
- Wednesday Night Clubs are not meeting November 22.
- Clubs end December 6 and resume January 17.
- Both campuses: elementary classrooms won’t meet December 24 and all Calvary Kids classes are closed December 31.
Visit our website for weekly schedules at both campuses and more info on these Student highlights.
- Sunday Morning Middle School at both campuses: for Grades 6-8
- Sunday night CHS for all campus Grades 9-12
- Wednesday night CMS for all campus Grades 6-8
- Small Group Sign-up: Grades 6-12; get connected with others your age!
- Join the weekly email for schedule changes and special event info
Marshmallow Mayhem Is Back!
November 10 at CCS/Door 2; 7:00-9:30pm
The best night of the year at Calvary for middle schoolers! Friends are welcome! Get the details and sign up to volunteer at calvary-church.com/students.
Unveiled Conference 2018: Save the Date
This weekend conference for girls (12-18) and the significant women in their lives is returning to Calvary March 9-10, 2018. Tickets are available at unveiledconference.com and you can follow on social media at Facebook and Instagram, too!
Holiday Schedule for Calvary Students at Both Campuses
Middle School Mornings: Not meeting November 24 & December 31
CMS: Christmas Party November 29, 7:00-8:30pm in the Refinery
CMS Winter Break begins December 6; CMS will resume January 17
CHS: not meeting November 26
CHS: Christmas Party December 3, 6:30-8:30pm in Mr. B's
CHS Winter Break begins December 10; CHS will resume January 14
Parents! Save These Dates for Winter Student Retreats
CHS Retreat: January 19-21
CMS Retreat: February 2-4
Visit our website for our weekly schedule at both campuses and more info on these Bridge highlights.
- Sunday morning Venture at both campuses
- Wednesday night Link (ages 15-21) this week at CCS
- Respite Night for parents of special-needs children (ages 5—14) is November 17
- Volunteer with Bridge! Teachers, assistants, buddies, greeters, hall monitors, and more! Visit calvary-church.com/bridge for details.
- Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS & Respite and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ
Link and Connect Group Service Event
November 15; 7:00-8:30pm
We'll be food sorting in the atrium for Thanksgiving baskets. *Note: No Link or Connect November 22 or 29.
MARRIAGE & PARENTING
ScreenAgers: Growing up in the Digital Age Documentary
November 2, 7:00pm in Heritage Hall at CCS/Door 1
Get more info and register at pennsuburban.org.
Want to connect with others at Calvary or give back by volunteering? There are plenty of teams to join! Visit calvary-church.com/volunteer or stop by the HUB desk Sunday morning for more info.
Souderton Campus Fall Clean-up
Saturday, November 18; 8:00am-12:00pm
Bring gloves, rakes, leaf blowers, etc. Meet at the garage behind the Counseling Center. All are welcome!
Snow Team at Souderton
We need lots of help on the Snow Removal Team to clear off sidewalks and parking lots during the winter season. Contact Donna Brown or Sandra Stout if you can help.
See the Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS): 10:30am/Room 301
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS): 10:30am/Refinery, second Sundays
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS): 7:00pm in the Living Room
- Living Room Tuesdays: Service Project
November 28, 7:00pm; meet in the Refinery parking lot/CCS
Serve with us at Hands In Service in Warrington and grab some food after.
Visit the website for more info on these women's ministry groups.
- Just Among Moms (JAM); monthly meeting for moms of young children; next is Nov. 3
- Ladies' Craft Night; meets one Friday night per month; next is Nov. 3
- Sewing/Quilting & Prayer Shawl Ministry; meets 2nd Wednesday each month
- Tuesday Bible Studies
Visit the website for more info on these men's ministry groups.
- Spruce Lake Men's Retreat: November 10-12; register on the website
- Monday and Friday Bible Studies
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+); next meeting is November 18
Meet new people in a fun, encouraging, Christ-centered environment. For details, contact Sandy Egolf or visit calvary-church.com/singles.
SPORTS & REC
For information on sports teams that meet at Calvary including volleyball, basketball, softball, golf, and more, visit calvary-church.com/sports-recreation.
Men and Women's Bible Study info is listed in the "Grow" section below.
- GriefShare - Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30pm; Room 218/CCS; for info, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
- Divorce Care - Thursdays from 7:00–8:30pm; Room 302/CCS; contact Gwen Prichard for more info.
- More Support Groups - Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
GriefShare: Surviving the Holidays
Sunday, November 19, 6:00–8:00pm in Room 302
Facing the holidays after a loss can be very difficult. Join us for this free
GriefShare seminar which includes a helpful video, individual workbooks,
and a time to share and discuss. Register by calling the Counseling Center
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Bridge of Hope BuxMont Benefit Concert Featuring Jason Gray
November 16, 7:00pm in the CCS Auditorium
Tickets available at bridge-of-hope-buxmont.ticketleap.com.
2018 Men's Breakfast Bowl
Saturday, January 27 with Jim Kelly as our featured speaker
Breakfast and lunch sessions offered; tickets go on sale December 10 for $25 each. They make great Christmas gifts!
CCS tickets: 10:00am in Room 218
CCQ tickets: atrium table after first service.
Tim Hawkins Comedy Show
Saturday, March 3, 2018 at CCS
More info about tickets will be coming soon.
Worthwhile Wear's Annual Fundraiser, A Worthwhile Evening
Saturday evening, November 11
Join in the fight against modern day slavery and help support this local Calvary justice partner! Ticket info is available at the Worthwhile website.
Haiti Missions Trip
Info meeting: November 12, 12:00pm at Room 300/CCS
Trip: March 10-17, 2018
Join us at the info meeting to get more details and ask your questions!
Discovering Series Saturday Seminar
Saturday, November 11, 8:00am-12:30pm; Room 303/CCS
Meet others, learn about what Calvary believes, and discover opportunities to connect and serve. Contact Cindy at 215.723.0963 x113 or register at calvary-church.com/discovering.
Starting Point at CCS
Mondays, November 27 & December 27; 7:00-8:00pm in Room 303/CCS
At Calvary, we believe that Continuing What Jesus Started means that we can't stay where we are. Do you wonder what God has for you next or what the Bible says about beginning your journey with Jesus? Join us for the two-part class and get started on your next step!
Membership at Calvary
Applications due November 19
Curious about the membership process? If you have completed all membership requirements and have a membership packet, contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Women's Tuesday Bible Studies
Get more info at calvary-church.com/women or contact Denise at x163. To help with childcare, contact Mary Gerhert or Ashley Henry.
Men's Bible Studies
- Friday Morning: 6:30am in Room 218/CCS
- Monday Evening: 7:00pm in Room 300/CCS
- For more info, visit calvary-church.com/men.