KidFest 2019 is all packed away now and we’ve just got a lot of awesome photos and memories to help us remember how great those 3 days at Calvary are for everyone who joins in the fun. Sure, we let loose and get crazy for 3 days with loud singing, funny skits, messy water games, and slippery slime. But there’s a lot more happening, too.
We’ve heard a lot of wonderful stories from kids, parents, and volunteers about what KidFest at Calvary means to them. During the large group teaching time, the devotional tent sessions, the one-on-one talks with team leaders, and the times of prayer, hearts are being impacted with the message that God loves each person and he has a plan for their lives that everyone can be excited about!
Here are a few ways that the good news about God’s love through Jesus has made an impact in our church family and our community this summer:
· A lady who attends Calvary called to get the teacher’s name for her grandson’s class so she could thank her because he told her he accepted Jesus as his Savior at KidFest Jr.
· An elementary-aged girl with autism asked her leader to help her pray so she could accept Jesus.
· Many parents shared that their kids were coming home singing & talking about what they learned about real love at KidFest.
· A lady stopped by the HUB and said it was her daughter’s first time attending. She said what we were doing was such a blessing to the families attending and she was so amazed at how much we offered all the kids who attended.
· A lady stopped by the HUB after dropping off her children to ask us to pray for her brother-in-law who was in surgery that morning for heart valve replacement. She was in tears and very concerned for her sister and their 2 young children. The next day she returned to share that her brother-in-law had come through surgery and to ask that we continue praying for his recovery and healing. This time she was smiling!
· A team assistant mentioned after one of the devotional times that until that day she had never fully understood the gospel or message of God's love through Jesus. So we're not only impacting kids, but sometimes adults, as well!
So what’s next? Do we just wait til next summer to get excited about Kids Ministry at Calvary again? No way! Check out the upcoming plans we have for families kicking off in August. We can’t wait to see you there and better yet, we’d love for you to join the Calvary Kids team as we continue to reach families with the good news about Jesus! To learn more about volunteering, contact Dawn Dant at firstname.lastname@example.org .
· Calvary Kids Clubhouse — We’re also really excited to invite you to our Wednesday night programming for kids that starts September 11. Kids in grades 1-5 can explore their interests in a variety of clubs including Zany Brain Strainers, Cupcake Wars, Mad about Science, Cooking Club, Dance Club, and Stardust Art. Clubs are all offered at an introductory level, are broken down by grade level, and vary by 5-week session. Space is limited and available on a first-come first-served basis. Registration for Session 1 is open. Details can be found at calvary-church.com/kids.
· Bible App for Kids and Parents — Our theme at KidFest this year was LOVE, knowing God loves us changes everything. To help you keep the conversation going at home about God’s love, you can read all about it in the Bible. It’s a great place to learn more about God’s love and how it changes everything. If you don’t have your own copy of the Bible, you can download the Bible app for kids (https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app-for-kids/) or for teens and adults (www.youversion.com/the-bible-app ) on any mobile device. If you would prefer a hard copy of the Adventure Bible for your child, contact us at email@example.com.
· Calvary Kids Instagram — Did you know that Calvary Kids has their own Instagram page? Follow us @kids.calvarychurch. We look forward to seeing you all through the fall at Calvary!