Every story has a first line, and Calvary’s was written back in 1949 when a group of families from the Souderton area who attended church together decided to begin a new congregation. Their vision included a focus on outreach to their community, spiritual growth, and an emphasis on building for the future. Meeting first in the Telford Borough Building, Calvary Church’s founding families soon realized that change would come with a price. But in spite of the loss of friendships, business partners, and the comfort of tradition, they saw their small numbers begin to grow as neighbors from the community and families moving into the area began to join the congregation.
Many more lines have been written in Calvary’s story since those early days, and we’re now preparing to write a whole new chapter in the coming months as we launch our second campus in Quakertown in 2017! Calvary Church is still pressing into our founders’ original vision of reaching into our communities with the good news about Jesus, growing our congregation in all aspects of spiritual life, and building in ways that allow our story to have sequels written in the future. We invite you to join us as we continue what Jesus started!