FALL-UNTEERING at CALVARY
The countdown to September has begun and that means one thing...fall ministry season at Calvary is just around the corner! Volunteer Teams are great ways to connect at Calvary and work together with others with a shared purpose in mind. Whether you like to be behind the scenes or in front of others, helping young people or working alongside adults, we have a place for you!
Start thinking of how you can become a fall-unteer and check out these awesome Calvary teams. More info is available Sunday morning at the HUB or on our website page.
- Calvary Kids: early childhood teachers, classroom assistants, and nursery volunteers; elementary small group leaders, greeters, check-in/info desk, song leaders
- Calvary Students: small group leaders, hosts, greeters, Next Steps, and techs
- Bridge Disability: hall monitors, buddies, Respite nights, teachers and assistants for Wednesday night LINK and Sunday morning Venture
- Sunday morning tech: audio assistants, house managers, cameras, recorders
- Sunday morning music: vocals and instrumentals
- Quakertown campus: all of the above and more!
- Tuesday morning Kingdom Kids (during women's Bible study)
- Thursday evening Divorce Care for Kids
- One Friday morning per month JAMS (early childhood care)
- More teams are listed on our Volunteer page at the link above! Previous experience not needed; training is provided!
NEED to KNOW
- Fall Kickoff info for all our ministries is listed on the website. Be sure to check out the dates and plan your schedule for fall events at Calvary!
- Job Openings at Calvary: Mr. B's and Souderton Campus Services have part-time openings on their teams. For more info or to submit your resume, contact Erik Scardino.
- Gym Hallway Entrance at CCS
The gym hallway entrance (Door 13) is now designated for Bridge Disability Ministries Families to use as they enter the building except during inclement weather. Others are asked to use Doors 11 & 12.
Step-Up Sunday is Sunday, August 27
All Early Childhood and Elementary Sunday school classes at both campuses, along with Family Fusion and The ZONE at CCS, will step up Sunday, August 27. This year at CCS, Grade 5 will be stepping up to Grade 6 and joining Calvary Students! They will be meeting Sundays during the 9:00am service in the Refinery/Door 7.
Calvary Kids Clubs at CCS Return September 13
Boys Brigade & Kidz PowerXpress for Grades 1-5 and children's programming for 3-5 year-olds in the Early Childhood hallway
Kids don't have to register ahead of time; they just check-in at a computer kiosk before reporting to their room. Find more details at calvary-church.com/kids.
Family Fusion at CCS
During the month of August, we will be having the Zone just for kids, grades 1–5 in the FX Factory/CCS. Parents can join their kids again for Family Fusion Sunday, September 17.
Fall Child Dedication
Sunday, October 29 at both campuses
If you’re interested in being part of this special time, contact Lauren Bizette.
To get the latest on Calvary Students, join the weekly email for schedule changes and event info!
Coming to CCS: Sunday Morning Middle School
The CCQ middle school class has been such a hit that we're bringing it to Souderton. Beginning August 27, students entering Grades 6-8 at Souderton will meet at 9:00am in the Refinery/Door 7.
Middle School (CMS) & High School (CHS) Small Group Sign-up
If you are new to CMS/CHS and are not involved with a small group yet, you can sign up at calvary-church.com/middleschool or calvary-church.com/highschool. We'd love to get you connected with others your age!
Visit our website for our weekly schedule of Bridge events at both campuses. Contact Lori Leman for more info about Bridge CCS and Marie Haney for info about Bridge CCQ.
Bridge Respite Night for Parents of Special-Needs Children Ages 5—14
September 15, 6:00—9:00pm; 300 Level CCS
Parents, would you benefit from a break as a primary caregiver knowing that your child is enjoying a variety of fun activities supervised by a caring and trained staff? Contact Lori Leman for an interview at email@example.com or 215.723.0963 x142.
See the full Young Adult Schedule & sign up for the newsletter (ages 18-35)
- Sunday Morning Gathering (for CCS)
- Young Marrieds Gathering (for CCS)
- Living Room Tuesdays (hosted at CCS)
Young Adult Music Night & Bonfire
Tuesday, August 22, 7:00pm in the Picnic Grove/CCS
Join us for a bonfire, s'mores, and worship music! Bring your friends!
HOMEFIELD MARRIAGE & PARENTING
2-1 Premarital Classes
September 10-December 3
Calvary's 2-1 Premarital Classes will be offered again this fall. Registration info can be found at calvary-church.com/marriage-and-parenting.
Weekend to Remember Retreat
November 17-19, Crowne Plaza Hotel, King of Prussia
Escape the daily grind and focus on your marriage. Register at www.familylife.com/weekend using the group name “calvarychurchpennsylvania” for a reduced rate. If you register between August 28 and September 19 there is a buy one, get one free offer.
Sewing/Quilting and Prayer Shawl Ministry
Wednesday, September 13; 9:00am-2:00pm in Room 201/CCS
New faces always welcome! Bring your lunch and we will provide the coffee, tea, and friendship! For more info, contact Ruth Rosenberger at 215.257.3737.
Ladies' Craft Night
Friday, September 15; 7:00-10:00pm in Room 300/CCS
Ladies are invited to a fun time of meeting other women at Calvary who enjoy being creative at our monthly Craft Night! Bring your own project to work on and a snack to share. Friends are welcome to join you, and many mother-daughter pairs enjoy the monthly gathering, too! Contact Jen Gunning for more info.
SALT–Single Adults Linking Together (ages 40+)
3rd Saturday of each month; For more details, visit our webpage or contact Sandy Egolf.
Haycock Ministries Men's Retreat Weekend
For more information, visit www.haycock.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men and Women's Bible Study info is listed in the "Grow" section below.
Visit our Prayer Wall to leave your prayer or pray for others.
Divorce Care Fall Session Start
The fall session begins Thursday, September 7. Contact Gwen Prichard to register.
The fall session begins Wednesday, September 6, from 7:00-8:30pm in Room 218/CCS. To register, contact Cindy at 215.703.8926.
More Support Groups
Calvary offers a variety of support groups. Check out our Care Page for more info.
Oxford Circle Cares: Cleanup and Cookout Day
Saturday, September 9
Oxford Circle Mennonite Church is partnering with Carnell Elementary School to help get the school ready for over 1,000 kids in the city. Sign up to volunteer at oxfordcirclecares.eventbrite.com. We'll also be partnering with Oxford Circle to help supply playground games / equipment as well as school supplies for the teacher’s classrooms.You can drop donations marked "urban" in the offering or give online at calvary-church.com/give.
Upcoming Outreach Partner Run/Walk Benefits
- Saturday, September 16 at Peace Valley Park for the Hands-in-Service Run/Walk. Register at www.runtheday.com.
- Saturday, September 30 at CCS for the Worthwhile Wear 5K Run for Freedom. More info at worthwhilewear.org/pages/events.
- Saturday, September 30 to Franconia Community Park for the Pregnancy Resource Clinic Walk in the Light. More info at www.supportlifeprc.org.
Summer Donation Opportunities
- Clothing: The Care Corner is in great need of gently used infant and children’s clothing in all sizes. Donations may be dropped off any time at the Care Corner building on the Souderton Campus.
- Non-perishable food: Some of the most needed items are: peanut butter, cereal, canned meat, soup and fruit juice. Donations can be dropped off any time in the shopping carts by the main entrances at the Souderton Campus.
Discovering Series Fall Session
Want to get connected or become a member? Learn what Calvary believes, meet others, and discover opportunities to connect and serve. Dates and campus locations are listed at the link below. For more info, contact Cindy at 215.723.0963 x113 or register at calvary-church.com/discovering.
Women's Tuesday Bible Studies
Beginning September 12
There are 5 morning classes and 1 evening class to choose from. Childcare is provided in the morning. Register at calvary-church.com/women or contact Denise at x163 for more information. You can also register in the atrium Sunday, September 3 and 10. To volunteer to help with childcare, contact Mary Gerhert or Ashley Henry.
Men's Bible Studies
Friday Morning begins September 8 at 6:30am in Room 218/CCS
Monday Evening begins September 11 at 7:00pm in Room 300/CCS
There is no need to register. For more info, visit calvary-church.com/men.
Attend our Quakertown campus? Keep up on the latest news.
- Mark your calendar for Step-Up Sunday: August 27. All Kids and Students will move up to the next classroom level.
- Volunteer teams are ready to welcome you. Stretch your serving muscles and contact Jen Studt for info on teams that you can join.
- Calvary Kids (ages birth-Grade 5) is open during both service times.
- Calvary Students (grades 6-8) meets at 9:00am in the room next to the coffee bar.
- Bridge Disability Ministries meet at 9:00am in the Bridge wing. Contact Marie Haney for more details.
- Home Groups: Contact Wayne Nguyen to get info on joining.
- Campfire Prayer Night: August 27 at 6:30pm; the CCQ campus is invited to come for music, prayer, and marshmallows. No sign up, just show up!
- Visit our website page for more info or email us with your questions. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!