It’s hard to believe that a decade has already passed since the opening of our coffeehouse and kids’ PlayZone known at Calvary Church and in the wider community as Mr. B’s. We’re getting ready to celebrate that big birthday next week, May 2-5, and hope you can stop by to take a look around, enjoy a treat, and say hello to the friendly staff at the coffee bar.
Here’s a Top 10 list of things you might not know about Mr. B’s:
- The coffeehouse is named after Bill Anders, founding pastor of Calvary Church.
- Pastor Anders was always passionate about reaching out to the community and making them feel welcome. His fingerprint is clearly seen in this safe, comfortable space open to the public.
- During its construction, the congregation could watch the building progress through plastic sheeting that was hung along the edge of the atrium.
- The popular coffee cup logo was designed by Matt Clemens, Calvary’s graphic designer.
- 96 people have been employed at Mr. B’s, many as high school or college students.
- Mr. B’s has hosted more than 2,000 events in the last 10 years.
- The most popular item that Mr. B’s sells is socks for the PlayZone!
- Mr. B’s sells Speakeasy Coffee, a company that provides coffee beans from Fair Trade sources.
- Mr. B’s has free wifi available to all guests.
- You can find Mr. B’s on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MrBsCoffeehouse.