Bridge Disability Ministries is one of our five-year missional priorities designed to meet the needs of individuals affected by disabilities and their families in the Upper Bucks and Montgomery counties. Our desire is to see each person and family integrated in Calvary Church life in order to build relationships, grow in their faith, and serve in the church and community. Our volunteers are a vibrant, trained, and dedicated team of individuals committed to leaving their fingerprints on the lives of those they serve.
Our Sunday morning Venture ministry provides a safe environment for children with disabilities who need more individual attention and a smaller classroom size. Our time together includes bible stories, music, creative activities and crafts.
- ages 5-12 meet in room 215 at 9:00am
- ages 13-21 meet in room 214 at 9:00am
- adults over 21 meet in room 214 at 10:30am
LINK is a weekly program for age 13 through young adults with disabilities. This class includes bible study, hands-on activities, and an emphasis on building friendships. We meet Wednesday nights at 7:00pm in room 214 during the Midweek service. For more information, contact Anne Hughes, Family Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The buddy program is available for children from pre-K through 6th grade. This program provides one on one support for students with disabilities to be able to attend typical Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programming. For more information, contact Marie Haney, Inclusion Coordinator at email@example.com.
Bridge Disability Ministries' fun Friday night respite program is for children with special needs aged 5-14. It is held once a month on designated Friday evenings from 6:00-9:30 pm and allows parents much-needed breaks. Activities include games, crafts, music, and snacks! Pediatric nurses are on site to handle pertinent medical issues. The Respite program is staffed by trained volunteers from Calvary Church.
- The cost for Respite is $15 per child.
- Each family is required to have a 20 Minute, 1:1 intake interview with a Bridge staff member prior to acceptance into the Respite program.
- Our goal is to enable everyone to attend. If it is determined that we are unable to provide safe and adequate care for him or her, we will need to decline acceptance.
- For more information, contact Lori Leman at 215.723.0963, ext. 142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next Respite Night: Friday, November 22, 2013 from 6:00 - 9:30 pm
For more information about Bridge Disability Ministries, please contact Lori Leman at email@example.com or 215.723.0963 ext 142.
To find out more about Bridge Disability Ministries, watch below: