Volunteering with Bridge Disability Ministry is a challenging and immensely rewarding opportunity to love families in our community and serve the Lord! We're thankful that you're thinking about joining us as we minister to these great kids! Bridge offers volunteer orientations for new volunteers, those considering serving with us, and those who would like a refresher course. Orientations cover Bridge news, programs, policies, and expectations and also provide a chance to ask questions and become familiar with Bridge. We offer specialized training programs for our volunteers as well. Those who serve with Bridge are required to undergo a background check.
Bridge Disability Ministries Volunteer Orientation
Sunday, April 9
10:30am in Room 303 at our Souderton campus
Volunteer Orientations are for those considering serving in Bridge. Attendees hear about our programs and how students and their families are impacted by our ministry. It’s a chance to ask questions and to meet our leadership team. Come and hear what Bridge is all about, and see if volunteering with Bridge might be a right fit for you. For more information, contact us.
Current Volunteer Needs
Sundays, 9:30 - 10:30am
- Lead music (2x per month)
- Classroom Helper (2x per month)
- Greeter/Hospitality Team (1-2 times per month)
- Tech support using Ipad, video, and photography to support the lesson (as needed)
Sunday mornings and/or Wednesday nights
- Pair with a child with special needs in a typical children’s ministry classroom (2x per month)
- Teens and adults needed to serve as Buddies
- Gym Coordinator
- Drama Team
- Share your hobby or special interest with our students as a guest speaker.
- 1:1 Support Buddies
- Activity Planner
- Set-Up Team (afternoon shift) and Clean-Up Team (evening shift)
- Music leader
- Pray for our individuals, families, and volunteers.
For more information, contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure the safety of all of Calvary’s kids, all volunteer staff (ages 18+) who serve in Kids, Student, and/or Bridge Ministries are required to complete three levels of background checks; two from the state of Pennsylvania (child abuse and PA state police criminal check) and one from the FBI (fingerprinting). If you have lived in Pennsylvania for 10 years or more, you can fill out an affidavit that clears you from getting fingerprinted. Volunteer screening is a Pennsylvania state requirement that Calvary abides by. If you have any questions concerning background checks, contact Linda for more information at email@example.com.